Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
houston_77008

Reged: 08/30/06
Loc: Houston, TX
First Steps
      #205629 - 08/31/06 11:49 AM

I'm a little weary, but I made my first steps by contacting local counseling centers. For everyone that said honesty with my partner would be the best approach, thank you. He is still a little weary and hurt, but he sees that I am putting in so much effort on getting help. This place has provided so much unexpected support. I woke up today with a new sense of confidence. I have a feeling that I can undertake anything that may come at me. Will it be easy? Hell no, but I do have support and that will make the difference. You guys are right, lose the pride and move ahead. That was a lot to take in. Am I scared? Not scared..petrified! But I gotta move on. Once again, thanks for all the support. Going to get retested soon, and not run away after finding out the results. I'll let you know how it goes.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RevAnn
Guru

Reged: 08/17/06
Loc: fort myers, florida
Re: First Steps new
      #205632 - 08/31/06 12:10 PM

Good for you! These first steps are always the toughest, but you took them and now you are on the right path. Honesty always makes you feel better! I look forward to your update.

--------------------
Namu-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #205633 - 08/31/06 12:15 PM

I am proud of you. The first steps are always the hardest.
Scared?..I am still scared, scared of many things, I think that is a fear that we will always have but we must learn to stand up and be bigger then the fear and move past it.
Your a big person for being honest and open with your partner and it may not seem like it, but it does get better.
I look foward to hearing from you soon.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #205688 - 08/31/06 07:44 PM

Sounds like you are doing the Right thing!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

ai77
Fanatic

Reged: 04/12/06
Loc: California
      #205725 - 09/01/06 02:45 AM

Glad to hear that you've taken those first steps. Keep on keepin' on. You've got the right mentality -

IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
      #205732 - 09/01/06 06:47 AM

Houston,

I'm so glad you are taking the steps to improve your life and your relationship.

Give your partner time, and continue to show him you are willing to continue to move forward. If you prove to him that you are going to work hard on it, he will begin to understand this and support you further.

It's natural to be scared. It means you are human. But don't let that fear overcome you.. you have to fight back.

Know that while I'm not a religious person, the following has helped me in so many ways that it's become my "mantra" of sorts. I hope it helps you to remember that not everything is under your control:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change,
The courage to change the things that I can,
and the Wisdom to know the difference."

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #205745 - 09/01/06 08:55 AM

now thats what im talking about,take the bull by the horns and do what needs to be done in order to get on in the life you were givin.let the cards fall where they may.but in baby steps,learn more and when you think you know read some more because there are changes in rescearh every day.exercise and eat well,take care

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2044

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3