Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Questions about vaccine/crohns disease
      #203157 - 08/10/06 09:30 PM

My son is concerned that HIV funding is going towards the prevention but not the cure. wHATS GOING ON WITH THAT?

He has Crohns disease and I dont understand yet how that interacts with his HIV.

Any info would be helpful or an online sourse to give me general info on these subjects would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #203162 - 08/10/06 09:57 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Questions about vaccine/crohns disease new
      #203166 - 08/10/06 10:35 PM

Have they ever tried to cure the herpes virus? hasnt it been 25 years of the search 4 a cure of hiv? I have to say 25 years is not even a lifetime, at least theyve weeded out wont work and are now focusing on what will. All it takes is someone in there with the knowledge to cure.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#203168 - 08/10/06 10:44 PM

Then it seems to be like all other medical conditions where everything is determined on a case by case basis of how the meds work , how quickly the virus mutates and then how successful a change in medications is in treating the mutated form and of course the ever present variable of new science occuring while this process is going on.

Is vaccine research taking resources away from treatment research or is it clear to everyone as I suspect that prevention and treatment are as important as each other.

still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
      #203173 - 08/10/06 11:23 PM

looky here "Mr-Ray-of Sunshine"... i will not hear/read any such talk. With God ALL things are possible. One day someone woke up & BAM... telephone worked, toilets were working, and let us not forget the flat screen plasma tv. i remember a day not so long ago that the cell phone was "new". we have 1 pill a day, fewer deaths, more education, and a little less stigma... So let's not start stabbing Jesus, Doubting Thomas. I believe that there will be a cure in my life time. so phooey to you! LOL!!

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #203203 - 08/11/06 09:19 AM

I can not answer your question on a cure. I always hold out hope for it but I am not sure. I do however wish to say I am sorry for the chrons on top of this virus. My mother in law and autistic brother in law both have chrones disease and I know how it can get. Good luck and always hold out hope.

still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
      #203218 - 08/11/06 10:59 AM

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see...

Hebrews 11:1

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1958

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3