The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
Houston, I'm experiencing some Atripla issues...
      #202868 - 08/08/06 02:50 PM

I FEEL LIKE CRAAAAAAP!!!

I started Atripla on 7/28, and haven't really felt like myself. I started 10/3/05 with Sustiva & Truvada- the 1st 2 weeks were miserable, but progressivly better. But the Atripla is giving me the same types of side effects, but in reverse. The 1st couple of days I noticed nothing different. But this past week has been awful. I'm tired, my stomach is very upset & I'm feeling queasy. I have this phlemy feeling in the back of my throat, like I have a pill stuck, and I can't swallow it. BM's are right back to liquid. ARRRRGGGG!! and oatmeal isn't working!! I've also felt sad. Not flinging myself off the roof sad, just alone-ish. I'm wondering if I'm better off switching back to Sustiva & Truvada. It has me concerned because of my "blip" with these last labs. Has/is anyone else having these problems after starting or switching to Atripla? I Know I Know I Know.... talk to my ID. blabbity blah.... He's not HIV+, so I know he can't relate to what I'm talking about. He's going based on "medical findings" Hopefully, if the side effects crap pamphlet is correct, symptoms should subside with time. I just don't understand how I would need to adjust to something I was already taking, just in 2 pills??

On a side note, yesterday was the 1 year mark on my adventure to finding out I am HIV+. 8/23/06 @ 9:38am will be my 1 year diagnosis anniversary.

Hardy harr harr.. I'm still here!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
Re: Houston, I'm experiencing some Atripla issues... new
      #202878 - 08/08/06 06:05 PM

Sorry I can not help you with that. I have not been on any other regiman but the one I am on. Hope you feel better soon!

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #202899 - 08/08/06 09:18 PM

Give it a couple of weeks sweetie.. Then go and get your money back... If you are feeling depression, thats in the crap owners manual.. Just know its not you and your body is re-adjusting to the new set. As we say, Tuff it out. See where it leads, but do not suffer in silence... Go out and kick a kity or something...

Love

Eric

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #202908 - 08/08/06 10:25 PM

Survivor
Legend

#202909 - 08/08/06 10:27 PM

Co.. What about the Jack Daniels man!

still_here
Guardian

#202946 - 08/09/06 08:34 AM

ok, a minor triumph- take Atripla on an eeeeeemmmmpty stomach, unlike the Sustiva/Truvada combination, i had to eat something or my stomach would be burning in the morning. i didn't eat anything after 8, and i woke up this morning with a happy bowel. whew! also, the lump in the back of my throat seems to be not so phlegmy. i guess cheese isn't my friend anymore. :o( i'll take a sudafed in a little bit, see if that doesn't "clear up" a problem (yes, the pun was intended!)

Survivor
Legend

#202976 - 08/09/06 11:17 AM

Jim Beam?

still_here
Guardian

#202987 - 08/09/06 12:29 PM

not a drinker anymore, my friend. whisky makes me mean anyway. well, meaner than usual. LOL!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2837

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3