Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Scoot2Bfree

Reged: 07/27/06
Loc: Texas, USA
ISR's w/T-20 Fuzeon suck
      #201696 - 07/27/06 09:41 PM

It's a total pisser when you run out of spaces for injections. Have lipoatropahy, no body fat, ISR's are horrible but Dr's say last option as it's salvage therapy. Doing the Tibotec Duet TMC 125 NNRTI with/possible TMC 114 NRTI (placebo trial) thing so far no any sides to complain about. Doing the ice thing w/massage before and after injections w/31g needle. Doing 30 degree angle instead of 45 degree. Anyone else have some suggestions. Roche tech said anywhere you can "Pinch and inch". Got those man tits from Crixivan wondering if I can use sub-q fat in those ta ta's? Anyone?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
Re: ISR's w/T-20 Fuzeon suck new
      #201698 - 07/27/06 10:14 PM

Well, being a woman, the question came up about using the breasts as a means for giving the legs a rest, and they said no way. It's a different type of fat altogether. I don't think I'd suggest that....

However, I inject where ever I can pull up a little skin... My needles are a little bigger than yours (dayum! I want smaller needles!). I tend to have better luck with near the inside of my thighs (mind you, I have no fat on my legs as it accumulated in my abdomen and upper arms).

Sticking myself in my tummy is no big deal, as the extra fat accumulation kinda helps out there. Biggest issue is hitting a vein, which really sucks because I have a bruise for days after.

Other alternative is getting someone to help you tag your arms every now and then to help ease the areas on your legs.

Wish I could help more... but ice does help initially, but the pain after still sucks. I've had golf ball size lumps on my legs before that hurt for a few days...

Good luck.

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #201710 - 07/27/06 11:42 PM

As Izy pointed out, I would shy away from the bazongas. With a 31g needle are you completely out of options?? Lower leg? Tell me how the TMC 114 goes!! Praying that you find the sweet spot...

Eric

IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
      #201711 - 07/27/06 11:55 PM

Unfortunately, with Fuzeon, it's to be injected into the body just under the skin. If you have fat, it helps tons, as it doesn't cause as many site reactions. Also, the way they tell you to inject it, you are to inject into upper thighs (front), back of the upper arms, upper abdomen, avoiding the middle line and the belly button.

I've heard of people using clothes pins to pinch the skin enough for an injection. Wonder if that will work well enough for me to give myself an injection in my arm... Doubt it!! LOL

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#201743 - 07/28/06 08:33 AM

Do you know someone willing to give you the shots in the upper arms? When my husband was taking those shots, I was taught how to give them so he could get a break from the legs and stomach.

Scoot2Bfree

Reged: 07/27/06
Loc: Texas, USA
      #201754 - 07/28/06 10:50 AM

Izy, EricCO, Anonymous, thanks for the replies. Thanks Izy for letting us know the fat in breasts are different. Anonymous, sure wish I had the fat in the arms....I register a negative on skin fold test in both arms so arms are not an option. Thanks again to all for any and all suggestions. I too get the golf ball sized knots over and over again. After about ten or so days I'm able to shoot in a couple of spots where I get a very small reaction so I count that as a blessing! EricCO I'll let you know about the Duet study....Peace be with you.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2684

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3