Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

severe itching
      #200236 - 07/16/06 09:39 AM

having severe itching and allergic reaction to all bug bites
my skin has became very acne like get painful fluid filled
bumps around ears. the itching is killing me. can anybody
suggest something I can buy to relieve severe itching?
and what can I buy to prevent allergic reactions to bug bites?
all I can do for now is to treat my symptoms. any home remedies?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: severe itching new
      #200245 - 07/16/06 10:42 AM

Soak in an oatmeal bath. The easiest and cheapest way is to cut a leg from a pair of pantyhose, or use a knee hi. Stuff the bottom with oatmeal, tie it off and then let it sit in a tub of cool/warm (not hot) water.

Benadryl may also help with the itching from the alleric reaction.

Also - get in and see your doctor as soon as you can. There may be presciption meds that can give you more relief.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200247 - 07/16/06 10:48 AM

thank you for giving me some advice it is just so hard to deal with I can't even go outside. thank you so much

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #200251 - 07/16/06 11:04 AM

are you +ve and are you on meds? If you are, I would advise seeing your doc. If this is unlreated to being +ve then even Benadril etc can also help..

Best

Eric

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200265 - 07/16/06 01:05 PM

One of the things people with HIV suffer from is this unknown itching. It drives many of us nutz. It's not from medication, it's one of the few things caused by HIV itself. The research on this surfaced back in the early 90's. Live with it for a few years and you will see. Summertime can be hell.

For any of you with HIV that haven't had to suffer through this yet, well put the oatmeal bath thing in the back of your mind for further reference. It can and will surface and it can drive anyone insane. You just want to tear off your skin.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200284 - 07/16/06 09:33 PM

Hi, Where was most of your itching? Did it wake u up at night or keep u up? how long?
I spent my entire summer itching in the middle of my back ....used my hair brush ...finally had to use a wire hanger to dig in. went away on its own. it drove me crazy

Anonymous
Unregistered

#200352 - 07/17/06 12:52 PM

I have been + since 1993 and have had a host of skin poblems each time i went to the doc who refered me to dermotology to have them look at it. Most of thetime they kinda shrugged and said well it could be this or could be that but we arent real sure. I trusted that because i knew they tried everything possible and they are very good doctors (military facility). My real comment is to one of the anonymous' note about so many + people have many skin problems that will affect most. i was not aware that it was so widespread and so common. I have gotten used to seeing hte Docs about all sorts of strange things inthe body and having them say "i Dunno it is just and HIV thing" i only trust that because i do trust them but not blindly. sometimes "it is what it is" i guess.

Cheers

rickincattco
Regular

Reged: 07/10/06
Loc: Western New York State
      #200361 - 07/17/06 01:39 PM

sorry the postof i have been positive since 1993 was me i forgot i wasnt signed in on this puter
Cheers

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2571

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3