HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
1 CD4 - Whats the cost in US Dollars??
      #198147 - 06/28/06 09:27 PM

Five Days ago, I was dealing with a guest. We were having a pleasant conversation and I was finalizing her "stay", then she Sneezed a big loogy at me without covering her mouth and I literally had to whipe my face!! "Oh I am sorry, I have this awful cold" I gave her this very glaring look and pulled my hanky out and wiped my face. "I said oh that's ok" (you f**king ASS). So given the fact she is a multi-millionaire. How much do I charge for every CD4 that now is being directed at my cold that I have developed from this guest? $1,000, $10,000 dollars? Ive got her credit card. I would just charge it under MIE (Miscellaneous Infection Expense). I am sure the hotel will back me on that... I should have wished her well and "Thanked her for helping Kill me and come back soon!"

Anyway, I have a cold and this will be my first since my diagnosis. Weeee... Another marker...

Love

Eric - "RatBoy"

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
Re: 1 CD4 - Whats the cost in US Dollars?? new
      #198149 - 06/28/06 09:40 PM

Sorry you have a cold. But I'm confident your system can handle it! You have had such a good response. You make a great point though. The lady obviously didn't even consider the fact that her failure to practice good manners could put someone at risk.

Get well fast! Love ya!

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
      #198157 - 06/28/06 11:13 PM

Dear lord, give her the smack down!

Hope you feel better, love.

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #198160 - 06/28/06 11:30 PM

you should have charged her at least 10000,you figure it right the test3000,6000,pain and suffering,1 dollar for a thousand freinds who have to send get well cards,lol.get well soon,see i saved you already,take care
only goes to show how ignorant some people with loads of money are like,me i would have at least coughed at her and said now were even,(provided you could mustur up some pflem)

Edited by alivehoping (06/28/06 11:33 PM)

Anonymous
Unregistered

#198169 - 06/29/06 12:13 AM

I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#198181 - 06/29/06 04:32 AM

"So given the fact she is a multi-millionaire. How much do I charge for every CD4 that now is being directed at my cold that I have developed from this guest? "

You don't use that immune function when fight a cold.

http://qa.hopkins-aids.org/forum/view_question.html?section_id=61&category_id=84&id=19179

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #198183 - 06/29/06 06:21 AM

Hey the next time some inconsiderate person does something like that, make a big scene (i.e., weird faces, strange noises, go over board with the clean-up, etc.). They will be so embarrassed that others are watching, THEY WILL GIVE YOU $$$ TO JUST STOP. *L*

Hope you feel better and quickly bounce back!
-Gary

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #198188 - 06/29/06 07:08 AM

I woul have fell on the floor in convulsions saying "I am HIV + and your inconcideration has just put my life at risk! Didn't you mother ever teach you manners? Oh no what do I do now?" That would have made her start covering her nastiness from now on!

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #198195 - 06/29/06 08:29 AM

Eric....this is yur FIRST cold since testing HIV poz? Well get used to it. Its just life...and remember....a cold is not a life threatening disease.
Do you want a big bowl of yogurt and fruit with that? ( feed a cold...starve a fever!~!!!!!!)

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

posintherockies
Regular

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: Northern Colorado
      #198239 - 06/29/06 01:42 PM

Sorry you're feeling under the weather. Have the hotel send you a big bowl of homemade soup, and a lot of Ben & Jerry's and bill it to her room! She'll never know!

--------------------
It feels so good when you let go of all the drama in your life!!!!!!

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #198293 - 06/30/06 12:24 AM

yea,and ask about their health problems and innoculations for any diseases,embarrasment thats a way too.

moonstarchild
Guardian

Reged: 02/28/06
      #198509 - 07/01/06 02:40 PM

During my speech on National HIV Testing Day, there was a lady who was coughing and I had not noticed whether or not she was covering her mouth. But she stopped me and asked me was her coughing bothering me. Since I was already sick, I smiled and told her "no it wasn't". But the fact that she at least asked and recognized that the smallest thing can put someone else at risk let's me know that somoene is out there listening.

Thank you Eric for making me see that it is the small things that sometimes mean the most. I hope that you feel better. I am sure that Will is spoiling you rotten.

Oh, I agree with IzPoz, she definetely should have gotten the beatdown.

--------------------
HIV is a part of me, but it does not define me!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3163

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3