HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
Some Perspective
      #195860 - 06/13/06 06:18 PM

As someone who has a relatively new diagnosis and have had major issues adapting to the meds I sometimes find that I lose a bit of perspective on things. It helps to be reminded that HIV isn't the only fight going on. Lots of others are facing very serious things and what I find amazing is that nearly everyone has a similar response that they would not choose to have what they have, but it has made a difference in them and in their lives. I recently renewed a connection with a niece who has been battling cancer and we have had some great discussions about life and what it does when you find out you have a potentially life threatening condition. She sent me this link to an article in the Joplin Missouri Globe today and I wanted to pass it on:

http://www.joplinglobe.com/siteSearch/apstorysection/local_story_145013206

My niece walked the Survivor's Lap a couple of weeks ago in the Webb City Missouri Relay for Life. She called me last Friday to say that no matter how down you you may get in the midst of this, there is light and hope on the other side. I'm planning on being able to walk survivor's laps for many years to come.

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: Some Perspective new
      #195863 - 06/13/06 06:25 PM

" It helps to be reminded that HIV isn't the only fight going on. "
>>............................................................
So very well put. I just recieved in the mail a cd disc from a lesbian artist whose lover has just recently died of cancer. Its a story with photos. Very very similar to stories about HIV and AIDS. Luckily this person was surrounded by friends and family and had wonderful support right to the end.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
      #195867 - 06/13/06 06:37 PM

One thing I've noticed is that situations like we are facing with HIV really do help us see who our friends and supporters are. And I can really say I'm thankful for all the concern and support I've had shown to me. And I've also been blessed by many of you on this site too. Thanks!

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #195905 - 06/13/06 11:02 PM

Perspective.

position: a way of regarding situations or topics etc.; "consider what follows from the positivist view"
the appearance of things relative to one another as determined by their distance from the viewer.

Perspective in theory of cognition is the choice of a context or a reference (or the result of this choice) from which to sense, categorize, measure or codify experience, typically for comparing with another. One may further recognize a number of subtly distinctive meanings, close to those of point of view, Weltanschauung, paradigm.

We are building this together David.... I hope we can come up with something that will allow us peace..

Love

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #195937 - 06/14/06 07:44 AM

Great article. I know I was nervous when I was diagnosed that no one would really understand. To my surprise, the aunt who I thought would turn her back, is very understanding much because she was diagnosed with MS. She goes through many trials and tribulations like us. The medication everyday same time and sometimes even getting sick. The pain in joints and some dimentia. And the list can go on. It is amazing to see the similarities but yet at the same time to know there is affecting so many people and we do not know.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#195994 - 06/14/06 02:11 PM

Nothing focuses the mind so clearly as the prospect of imminent death, does it? Great gift, that! We should all think often on the question, "What would I do if this were my last day on Earth?"

That is the important stuff, the rest is fluff.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1523

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3