HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
Does anybody know any good legal advice
      #195272 - 06/09/06 01:21 PM

I know evry state is different, but just a general would be great. I have a woman in my complex, who owns the house outright, well her deceased husband does. Anyway, she is the biggest slob and starts problems with everyone. She has not paid her maint fees and taxes. We have out a lean on the house and they have her house up for bidding but, no one knows about it. What else can we do? We do not have the money to foreclose on her. Help!!! We need her OUT!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
firefly
Guardian

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Orange County, Calif.
Re: Does anybody know any good legal advice new
      #195274 - 06/09/06 01:23 PM

Call the city or county and see what you can do.

--------------------
You are a diamond in the rough !

franfrog
Legend

#195275 - 06/09/06 01:28 PM

They are worthless. Everyone in my town is worthless. I almost had a tree fall on my 11 year old son the other night, which is not part of our property and no one can call me back.

firefly
Guardian

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Orange County, Calif.
      #195289 - 06/09/06 02:34 PM

Put a sale sign up in front of her house. My neighbor's stench is keeping my windows shut. She doesn't pick up after her dog and it reeeeks to high heaven.Everyone checks their shoes when they come to my house.Her dog barks alot too. It's a beautiful dog. The owner sucks tho!

--------------------
You are a diamond in the rough !

posintherockies
Regular

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: Northern Colorado
      #195292 - 06/09/06 03:54 PM

Usually even if "noone told them" whoever buys the home is still repsonsible. If a lien has been filed that is a public record and the buyer is responsible for knowing that. If they don't check too bad. Associatons can even foreclose on a property subject to the mortgage and taxes and add the charges onto the lien so they have to pay for someone to collect their money. That usually gets their attention! Good Luck! Talk to your associaton's attorney and verify the lien has been filed not just sitting on someone's desk though!

--------------------
It feels so good when you let go of all the drama in your life!!!!!!

eleniel
Guru

Reged: 05/27/06
Loc: Utah, USA
      #195318 - 06/09/06 08:13 PM

you could always put an ad in the paper announcing the sale as well. I dont understand much about the laws for this sort of thing, but perhaps you could start the bidding low? That'd at least almost guarantee a purchase...

--------------------
6/29/2010: vl 68,000 cd4: 205

Anonymous
Unregistered

#195336 - 06/09/06 11:05 PM

I just love the home owner association NAZI's. You people make me sick. How'd you like it if they tried to get rid of you if they found out you had HIV. Just another example of people taking sticking their noses in other people's business.

Live and let live or the result will come bite you on the ass. God loves Karma.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #195338 - 06/09/06 11:10 PM

Fran before the house can ever be sold, the debts that the owner has incurred has to be paid first. Such as HOA fees. The house will be frozen and monies owd the complex will be paid to clear the houses leans prior to it ever being turned over to a new owner..

alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
      #195339 - 06/09/06 11:47 PM

you might want to file public nusance charges that can help get her out,also are there any kiks of lease agreements pertainintg to late payments of fees?

alivehoping
Legend

#195340 - 06/09/06 11:48 PM

you might want to file public nusance charges that can help get her out,also are there any kiks of lease agreements pertainintg to late payments of fees? also if shes that big a slob,there may be some health safty factors to consider,hope this helps,take care

alivehoping
Legend

#195341 - 06/09/06 11:51 PM

well anon there are laws forbidding that to,seems we need some semblence of laws in here to keep freaks like you out

IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
      #195364 - 06/10/06 09:06 AM

With regards to the taxes, only the authorities can handle that, am I correct?

Report her to the DoH, animal services (if she's got pets) and go on from there. Is there any way to talk to her family to see if they can talk some sense into her?

In SoFla, we have "Help me Howard" which is affiliated with the news station, where people call in with legal issues, and if Howard works on it, he helps to get it straightened out. Check your local stations for something like that.

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

franfrog
Legend

#195454 - 06/11/06 11:39 AM

I am trying to get rid of her for the simple fact that she is making the value of my home go down. She is living like a slob and this neighborhood is filled with children. SHe is constantly cursing in front of young children and has underage parties going on in the home which spill out to the streets. She has cursed AT these innocent children. She is constantly starting an argument for no reason. If I am wrong for trying to make where I live a beautiful place for my children, so be it. Anon, do you have children? If you do, and you would not want some peice of crap like that kicked out so as to not have to have your children look at it, then you are an idiot. I have moved to a nice neighborhood for the schools for my children and to make a nice home for them. Well, since she thinks she is above the rest of us, and feels she does not need to do what the rest of us so, that is why this place will go to hell in a handbasket. People like that who feel like everyone is out to get them when in all reality it is people are just trying to treat them like the rest of them.
There is a big difference in trying to get rid of me due to my HIV status as opposed to me not paying anything to make improvements in the complex and blaming everyone else because she is insecure with the sloppiness that she incurrs. It has been everyone elses fault she had her children taken away. Well, last I checked, any one can call, if they feel the home is unfit, then they act upon it. They are by no way influenced by what anyone has to say. SO that being said, there is something obviously wrong with her, and maybe should be somewhere where they will wait on her hand and foot not somewhere where she agreed to pay a fee to have things done and then leave it for eveyone else to do.

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #195555 - 06/12/06 09:43 AM

I know we discussed calling the authorities and making her miserable....but when she has an underage party would be a great time to do that. The penalties for supplying alcohol to minors can be substantial....especially after repeated offenses. Keep after her....make a real bitch of yourself...i know it will be hard, but you can do it!! :-)

franfrog
Legend

#195562 - 06/12/06 10:38 AM

The only bad thing is when you call anyone on her, you will end up with a broken window or egg on your house. You can never "prove" who it is, but it just so happens, every time my neighbor or her neighbor have anything to say, windows have been broken. I knock wood never to me and we have called many times and had many arguments with her.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5356

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3