Unregistered

some people I just don't understand
      #193774 - 05/31/06 12:10 PM

I was talking with a man that has a company. He said he was
going to give 10% to some kind of charity. I suggested giving
the money to aids research. He said no way would I do that
98% of people brought it on themself. It just upsets me that
people don't understand if they don't help find a cure for this
one day somebody they know will have this disease. Why don't people see this as important issue?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
alivehoping
Legend

Reged: 04/05/06
Re: some people I just don't understand new
      #193790 - 05/31/06 12:47 PM

well obviously the man is a complete fool,because how do unborn children bring something on themselves when they have no thoughts about anything.its also the responce you should have givin him.and without you saying something in responce you may be helping to feed his stupidity and ignorance

Anonymous
Unregistered

#193796 - 05/31/06 01:00 PM

I didn't know what to say to him. I was shocked to hear his response. I still won't give up people need to understand.
thanks

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #193820 - 05/31/06 01:46 PM

Unfortunately, many people will only give to a cause that personally effects them (realitive with cancer) or to one that is popular (Katrina, Jerry's MS Kids). When you add the fact that many givers are church goers who have been taught that homosexuality is wrong, the number of people giving to the cause is even lower.

I guess it's up to us to give and possibly put faces on the virus, so that others will see that it effects people from all walks of life.

Who knows, one day we just might get to the place in our society where finding a cure is more important than our shallow, narrow-minded ways of thinking. Hmmm.....I'm sad to say, it probably won't be in my lifetime.

alivehoping
Legend

#193833 - 05/31/06 02:56 PM

sometimes a kick in the right direction is what is needed for someone who has no idea where the truth is,much less understand something without the help of someone who does

Jenni
Master

Reged: 11/06/05
Loc: Texas, USA
      #193858 - 05/31/06 06:41 PM

That is pure ignorance...

Yes, a lot of people make bad decisions that lead to their infection... all it takes is one unprotected encounter with a positive person. BUT if someone deserves HIV/AIDS for that one transgression, what about people that continually sleep around with whoever, whenever, never use protection, but still seem to come out smelling like roses.
BULLSHIT!!!!

No one deserves this... I really wish that someone would make that comment to me.

--------------------
It's you that I live for and for you that I die.
So I'll lay here with you until the final goodbye

firefly
Guardian

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Orange County, Calif.
      #193860 - 05/31/06 06:44 PM

The person that said that rude comment needs to take a good look at himself and the decisions he makes with his own life.

--------------------
You are a diamond in the rough !

Anonymous
Unregistered

#193866 - 05/31/06 07:09 PM

[quote]That is pure ignorance...

Yes, a lot of people make bad decisions that lead to their infection... all it takes is one unprotected encounter with a positive person. BUT if someone deserves HIV/AIDS for that one transgression, what about people that continually sleep around with whoever, whenever, never use protection, but still seem to come out smelling like roses.
BULLSHIT!!!!

No one deserves this... I really wish that someone would make that comment to me. [/quote]

Truthseeker
Unregistered

#193868 - 05/31/06 07:18 PM

[quote]
No one deserves this... I really wish that someone would make that comment to me. [/quote]

Really? Interesting considering your post the other day.

You have made it clear you would rather hide the truth and pretend that HIV doesn't exist in your own life in order not to make any waves in your own town.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #193873 - 05/31/06 07:39 PM

Give it a couple years. When the manditory HIV test along with normal labs legislation is instigated by the CDC, you will see a sharp increase in awareness in HIV/AIDS like you have never seen before since the 1980's... It's coming and it will shock them... Esp when their kids become HIV pos at 17 years old... 90% ARE UNAWARE THEY ARE WALKING AROUND WITH A NASTY PROTIEN... OH THEY WILL FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#193878 - 05/31/06 08:12 PM

Rightly or wrongly, I would have responded by telling him that it is arrogant to believe that the reason he doesn't have HIV is a result of his "proper behavior". I would remind him that the risks that he has taken in his life have been no different than anyone who has been infected and he should be thanking God for the opportunity to help other people rather than hurting people with arrogant comments. Then I would cut off my conversation and freindship with him. I'm not saying that is the best way to deal with it - I'm just saying that's what I would have done. I have no patience for arrogancy.

DanielMark
Expert

Reged: 06/06/04
Loc: Ottawa Canada
      #193922 - 06/01/06 06:51 AM

He said he was going to give 10% to some kind of charity.

I suppose he can give his 10% to whomever he wishes, but 10% of ignorance and bigotry have no practical value to anyone.

Did you take this opportunity that presented itself to you to educate the guy? Does he know of your HIV status? Any hope of attitudes changing has a more realistic chance if we each try to bring to light the realities of HIV on a person-to-person level. Otherwise, ignorance just goes on and on and on.

--------------------
Follow your honest heart

alivehoping
Legend

#193968 - 06/01/06 12:53 PM

not only will they find out but then and only then will it come to the attention of the government whe millions more will find out they are infected,and possibly some high profile people will finally help spred the word and help educate the ignorant to the point they will have to do something other than sitting on there hands.to know is not enough,action is what is needed.and i have written many of the ny congress and legislature,the only one i see with an ajenda on hiv that is active is sen.clinton

Jenni
Master

Reged: 11/06/05
Loc: Texas, USA
      #194000 - 06/01/06 08:48 PM

No, I don't want people knowing but neither does he. I'm not the one who is HIV+, he is. He is the one who has to live with it. It is not my decision to make.

As far as someone saying something like that, I have no problems telling people they are ignorant. I don't act like I'm ignorant and terrified of AIDS or someone who has it just because these people are. People know how I feel about it... I can be open about my opinions and feelings without being open about my bf's health.

--------------------
It's you that I live for and for you that I die.
So I'll lay here with you until the final goodbye

alivehoping
Legend

#194035 - 06/02/06 12:04 AM

dont mean to jump in on this but you to my dear have to deal with it as well,not just him.so wouldnt that make it your decision as well?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3954

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3