Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

just wanting to know
      #191189 - 05/13/06 01:47 PM

iam hiv poz and i had sex with another hiv poz person, can i get worse??? iam so scared, i have benn hiv poz for 1 year now.please help me if you can

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #191203 - 05/13/06 04:05 PM

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: just wanting to know new
      #191224 - 05/13/06 07:09 PM

Yes there is a chance that you may become infected with a strain resistant to the drugs you are taking. However, unlike our resident Mother, HIV to Aids, I don't see that the gospel says you have to have protected sex with another HIV positive person. Yes, you may have a risk about the different strains, but it's perfectly normal to want to have that skin on skin and at least you are being responsiblie enough to do so with someone else that is HIV+.

Don't beat yourself up as Aids to Hiv would have you do. You haven't done anything that warrants his holier than tho attidute about what happened.

H2A.....Since when did finding God mean you have free rein to give everyone hell. OH yeah forgot.....you see the truth and feel compelled to spill it....no matter that it's only your truth. Go clean your own house before even thinking your qualified to give anyone else advice. Until you realize that the TRUTH that you are only hiding behind this Christ of yours in order not to face YOUR TRUTH AND REAL WORLD then you are no use to any one else. Anyone that treats people the way you do has a lot of work to do on themselves first. You aren't spouting truth. You are just plain mean and nasty and using the excuse that you have found God to do so. Pretty sad and the reason so many reject your type of religion. You may think you have found your peace but it's real clear to those of us sitting on the side lines you have a long way to go.

God, PLEAZE save us from the Rightous.

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#191231 - 05/13/06 08:54 PM

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#191235 - 05/13/06 09:35 PM

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#191237 - 05/13/06 09:41 PM

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#191239 - 05/13/06 09:51 PM

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#191240 - 05/13/06 09:56 PM

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

#191241 - 05/13/06 09:59 PM

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
What an idiot! new
      #191269 - 05/14/06 10:13 AM

There are many strains of HIV around, brother, some are more virulent than others and more resistant to the meds. It is irresponsible and stupid to have unprotected sex if you are HIV positive, not to mention illegal in many states and a tort in all states.

Really, if you can't control yourself and protect yourself and others, you are a very sick person indeed, not to mention criminal and tortious.

Don't ever say anything this irresponsible again or I will personally hunt you down and sue you myself for propounding criminal and tortious behaviour.

You are a sick, sick man,

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What an idiot! new
      #191279 - 05/14/06 10:35 AM

None of this discussion concerns sex with the Negative population.

He's talking about having unprotected sex with another HIV POSTIVE person. Not spreading it to someone that is NEGATIVE.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #191281 - 05/14/06 10:36 AM

Charles.... I think you outdid AIDS2HIV.LOL
I have a question: if someone has undectable viral load....does that mean no virus will be found in the semen?

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #191283 - 05/14/06 10:40 AM

bear its still there... tests however cannot pick it up <50 undetectable... but its still there all the same....

GUYS! Quit killing my ADD, I am not about to read this much shit... Can you have a cliffnotes somewhere???

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
Doesn't matter, fool new
      #191309 - 05/14/06 03:22 PM

Doesn't matter, fool, the rules of the game are the same. Just because the partner is positive it doesn't hold either in criminal law or the law of torts that a postive person is without blame for the harm potentially or actually caused.

Even between mutually positive people, safe sex must be practiced to avoid reinfection with the partner's potentially mutant virus.

God, I thought HIV would be a thing of the past by now, but such stupidity and irresponsibility has assured I was doomed to be wrong in that regard.

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

ny10001
Grand Master

Reged: 07/08/05
Loc: New York
Re: just wanting to know new
      #191401 - 05/15/06 10:51 AM

This topic brings up a lot of controversy. Is it possible to be reinfected with another strain of HIV? Well, technically, yes, although there is some good news...

It appears to be EXTREMELY rare. Rare as in it's more likely that you'll be in several plane crashes in your lifetime and somehow manage to live through all of them.

Now, is this free reign to have unprotected sex with other poz individual? No. Why? Even though HIV reinfection is that rare, you are still susceptible to every other STD out there. In fact, as your immune system begins to deteriorate, you may actually become MORE susceptible to other STD's.

Dr. Bob Frascino right here in the safe sex forum in the Ask The Experts section addresses this topic from time to time (so I'm not pulling this stuff out of the air).

So, you probably are OK from an HIV perspective over the activities in which you engaged, but from here on it's recommended that you practice safe sex. OK?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5534

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3