Pages: 1
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
COMFORT & HIV
      #190073 - 05/07/06 01:27 PM

Please adjust my thinking for me.....

Yesterday was the first Saturday I have had off with William for quite awhile. I work a bunch and we really dont get a full day together unless its doctor related. How fucked up is that? Anyway, William when he was sick spent a few days as a shut in at our home on the river. He began devising ways to make our home more enjoyable for both of us. He is way better at this than me. I still have a very strange non-gay taste in my decorating abilities. I told him a couple of weeks ago, whatever you want to do is fine with me as long as it does not affect our other home in Denver. He wanted to switch our furnature out. I said "Nope" thats our vacation home and it stays the way it is.. Very beautiful and relaxing there. So, we went furnature shopping yesterday as well as having the house here deep cleaned and carpets taken care of. We live on the roaring fork river out our back door and we love the solitude of living outside the city. But whenever we are together, we like to snuggle and listen to music and watch a dvd or so.. But we always can never fit on the sofa. So, we went out and bought the identical sofa we have in Denver for here! "Kaaching" 1000 dollars spent. Will also likes to display his many pictures of us and family about. So we thru away my 25 year old infinity speakers the size of a small fridge and spent another 1000 dollars on speakers (for me) plus a very scary sub whoofer which I know is going to get my neighbors balls in a bunch!

So here we are, new furnature, new speakers, new cabnets and I am thinking was all this necessary? Am I doing this as a last chance at being comfortable? A last chance at spending money that someday I won't be able to afford? Good God, I felt good yesterday at doing this for William. I want him comfortable in our home here since 99% of the time we live up here.

I guess what I am saying is this - Why spend money on things that maybe extravagant for our income level when I know doctor bills are on the horizon etc. Be frugal is my middle name. But once that 1 year same as cash option is dangled infront of me, Oh I am off the the races. I want my husband to be happy. I want our place to show our true GAYNESS.. Well it's going to now for sure. I cant wait to put that 1800 dollar sofa out by the street to see how fast that gets picked up. I dont even want to deal with trying to sell it.. Its only 3 years old. Tan leather and all!!

I dont know where I am going with this, but for some reason, I don't feel it quite necessary to do these kind of things for me or William given our status.. As if we were not going to be able to enjoy them for awhile. Sorry for the long story, but has anyone else just given up on your living situation knowing full well, you probably will be around to enjoy them for awhile??!?!?

Signed Furnature Queen,

Edited by EricCO (05/07/06 01:37 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: COMFORT & HIV new
      #190076 - 05/07/06 01:33 PM

Oh Eric....Let Will do it. Its just furniture for god sakes. I think I would put my foot down if he wanted to move to Tahiti or something though.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Jenni
Master

Reged: 11/06/05
Loc: Texas, USA
      #190090 - 05/07/06 04:25 PM

It's just money... I'm one to say that since I scrimp and save on everything but it makes him happy so it's worth it.

--------------------
It's you that I live for and for you that I die.
So I'll lay here with you until the final goodbye

Brandy
Guru

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Oklahoma,USA
      #190091 - 05/07/06 04:26 PM

aaahhh sweetie
enjoy the moments hon worry about everything else when you need to FOR NOW ENJOY
And I love your long storys give Will my best love ya both

--------------------
take care and be sooooo safe love,
Brandy

Live in the Moment!!!!

moonstarchild
Guardian

Reged: 02/28/06
      #190094 - 05/07/06 05:15 PM

If you make it, they will(no pun intended) spend it!!!

--------------------
HIV is a part of me, but it does not define me!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2336

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3