HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
MED FARTS
      #187177 - 04/20/06 12:30 PM

I have found that being HIV and on meds gives me certain extravagances and liberties that normal people do not....

This morning - Sitting in a finance meeting discussing a 10 million dollar expansion - I felt the sudden urge to FART. Mind you this was not a simple whoopsie, this lasted for 5 seconds. And it was like YES! Of course the 14 people sitting around the exec table looked at me and smiled and said "Ooo, you got us on that one." Five munites later - Whoooosh and this one I just tried to out do the first. "Ok Eric, whats with that?" I explained that I ate something that didnt agree with me." Sorry, does it smell?? The outcome a 1 hour meeting was reduced to 15 minutes..

Add this to yuor list of good things that HIV meds do for you...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
Re: MED FARTS new
      #187179 - 04/20/06 12:35 PM

OK...that is frickin' HILARIOUS!!! You know how to clear a room, I might have to take your meds when my in-laws come over!!! LOL
Love you babe!!

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #187180 - 04/20/06 12:36 PM

NOT buyin' it. Sounds like you had some broccoli or beans for dinner and the meds are a nice cover!!!!!

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #187183 - 04/20/06 12:40 PM

No no, I have to agree Eric. My husband tells me I am worse then a truck driver. Now you know that is not something my husband wants to hear but the gas is inevitable(sp) I am mortified to have it happen in front of my husband none the less a meeting!

sadface
Legend

#187185 - 04/20/06 12:40 PM

Have you ever heard of BEANO? My mom takes it before she eats anything that she KNOWS will make her blow. Just a thought, check into it, its over the counter. OR maybe you LIKE tooting!! LOVE

Survivor
Legend

#187190 - 04/20/06 12:51 PM

oh so you want me to have to indure a 1 hour meeting that should have not been scheduled by using another med to reduce the tendancies to Make Wind? Its like burping. In this case, it just proves that my cd4's are going up. For every explosion I have just increased my cd4's by 2%.. Farting is healthy and natural and gives you a sence of pride!

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #187199 - 04/20/06 02:04 PM

I dont know Eric....farting in a board room?? anyway...
What I want to know is if you fart in bed ?

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Survivor
Legend

#187200 - 04/20/06 02:09 PM

Ok Sadface. I walked over to the City Market (farting all the way) and asked the clerk who I new if they had Beno? She giggled and laughed her ass off and said, Oh that stuff works great! "You farting today?" I said "like a horse!". This will fix you right up.

I feel so honored. I dont have any meds that start with the letter "B" I will have to have William reorganize our entire alphabetized medicine cabinet to accomodate this Fart Med...

Thanks SADFACE for embaraceing me in front of the store clerk!! I have no problems in the exec offices about relasing my "frustrations!"

I should NOT have eaten that entire Dominoes Fart pizza last night wiht peppers and onions..

Love

Survivor
Legend

#187201 - 04/20/06 02:12 PM

Oh our bed is sacred grounds Bear... I have to go outside if I wish to pass gas... I found plopping down in a snow bank will muffle anything..

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
Re: MED FARTS
      #187202 - 04/20/06 02:14 PM

yup...peppers and onions....will do it

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Survivor
Legend

#187203 - 04/20/06 02:18 PM

bear am i just getting old?? i want to blame everything on my meds... Like when it rains, its the meds, if it snows, its the meds, if my car doesnt start, its the meds, if i fart, its the meds. Is there an underlying tone here that I cant put my arms around?? WTF

Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
      #187207 - 04/20/06 02:33 PM

So is that the explanation why my cd4% is not going up???

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

sadface
Legend

#187212 - 04/20/06 02:36 PM

You didn't?? How hilarious!! I am going to start calling you BENO!! I love to fart..it feels good. When I was little and there were times I would sleep in my moms bed because I had a nightmare...my mom would fart and then quickly put the covers over my head and say..."THE INDIANS ARE COMING, HIDE..THE INDIANS ARE COMING." Needless to say I NEVER slept with her again, something about your "mom" doing that just isn't right. LOL Now I sleep with the lights on if I have a nightmare, plus I can breathe better too!!!! LOL
Love you babe...Willy too!
SF

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #187214 - 04/20/06 02:38 PM

Well....theres a new one I havent heard. (: Eric... I know when I was on meds all those years....one of the SCARIEST things, was to fart! hahaha..... I always felt in the first few years like I needed to wear a depends!! I know the medicaiton changes our bowel habits, but man....farting was NOT an option in my book!! (because it usually wasn't just smelly air)!!
ok deb....WAAAYYY too much detail!!

sadface
Legend

#187215 - 04/20/06 02:39 PM

Blix baby,( Sf sounding like Austin Powers)
Get some pizza with onions and peppers..hell, throw in a side of chilli, and those numbers will be screaming!!
Love you,
SF

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8826

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3