Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Drugs_Kill_Not_
Unregistered

My Story
      #18689 - 06/25/01 02:51 AM

Sure! Be glad to share with you my story about living with HIV diagnosis for nearly 14 years now, and never have taken any of the HIV-related drugs. That's why I'm still alive and well and healthy. Check out my website.
Ed Sherbeyn
http://wakeup.to/TheMyth
You can email me at Drugs_Kill_Not_HIV@Yahoo.Com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: My Story new
      #18706 - 06/25/01 06:12 PM

Hi there:

if only we were all so lucky! I was infected last year and already have only 10 t-cells and 1 million viral load. I HAVE to go on meds or I will get sicker. My friend didn't take care of himself and believed in the Heal nonsense and he just got lymphoma and died. So, thank your lucky stars that you don't need meds yet!!!!!!! Most of us do!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18709 - 06/25/01 09:24 PM

That's a Denialist,
people that thinks the HIV does not lead to AIDS but drug to treat HIV.

e.p.
Unregistered

#18732 - 06/27/01 12:26 AM

yes,pos.15yrs.i let my self go 2. 3yrs.ago pcp 3tcells that is what u call aids the day came for me i hope u will have better time of it than i did.700tcells the meds haart "I'm just Lucky or meds? e.p.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18766 - 06/27/01 04:59 PM

Thanks for posting this, mucho appreciated...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18771 - 06/27/01 05:14 PM

Ed you are a complete bozo. And I bet everyone has already told you that. Neverdowell.
Why is AFrica and ASIA fighting to get the drugs if they don't work????Jerk

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18772 - 06/27/01 05:15 PM

No one KNOWS why you have not gotten sick. There are long-term non-progressors. You are just lucky. Continue without meds, take your viral load. I bet if you have a high viral load and your t-cell falls to nothing you'll do something. OR YOU WILL JUST DIE....but maybe you are just suicidal

Anonymous
Unregistered

#18774 - 06/27/01 07:46 PM

Let me tell you my story. I refused to get tested for HIV and I knew I was at risk for it. Five years ago I ended up going to my General Dr and to the Emergency room several times within a few months. They diagnosed me with regular pneumonia every time gave me lots of antibiotic and sent me home. The last time I went into emergency I could not catch my breath and finally was fed up with the doctors and told them I am at risk of being HIV+ and that they should check me for PCP. I was petrified to say anything but knew deep inside if I didn't I could die. They rushed me to ICU took a HIV test and I had full blown AIDS. tcell 49 Dieing of PCP. Obviously I had not been taking any of the HIV drugs so they do not cause AIDS. I hope this is proof enough for you. Since then tcell count is 500. viral load 1000 almost undetectable because of the HIV medications. I would be dead without them.

Mythbuster
Unregistered

T Cells Not Relevant new
      #18826 - 06/29/01 08:47 PM

The Body suggests this resource. One moment, please.

jayjay
Unregistered

#18833 - 06/30/01 10:09 AM

I am happy for you and I do wish you continued good health. However, in politics, religion, and of course in medicine, it is always dangerous for someone to proclaim "mine is the only right way!". There is, after all, a much bigger picture.

As men, women and children living with HIV and AIDS the most important thing we have learned in the last 20 years is that we now have options and are indeed very lucky to have them.

I know men who have opted for the holistic approach to maintaining their health (for as long as they possibly can) and they seem to do fairly well. Some like yourself, have done well for over 10 years.

Most of the people I know who are positive (myself included) have found it necessary and beneficial to turn to drug therapies.

The one thing both groups have in common is that we all continue to manage our health with the support of a good physician and try to stay informed of what our options are.

"Myth" propigators, Naysayers, and Fools have no place in my healthcare decisions. Shall I repeat that?

Staying informed AND making informed decisions, being supported by experts, and sharing my experience with my family, friends and community have made me feel both physically and emotionally well.

We are in this together. If you are positive, love yourself, inform yourself and do what is best for you! If you support someone who is positive, don't be afraid to talk about the options and know that it is as much about quality of life as it is about quantity.

After all it is, as they say, a question of survival.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: My thoughts to your Story new
      #19834 - 07/27/01 08:16 PM

Sorry not convinced. The aids drugs will often suppress PCP becuase they work as a constant dose of antibiotics. The danger is that once you get off them your PCP(if it even was PCP) might come back. Drugs are not a cure. If you think they are your living in the living in the dark ages my friend. Being on the aids drugs is a vicious cycle that has no end. Only gay people swallow these toxics poisons to cleanse their themselves of guilt and shame.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#19835 - 07/27/01 08:18 PM

now that the kind of friend we all need. Like really supportive and comppasionate. Boy sounds like you are suicidal. Thats what gay aids is anyway.

Love Bug
Unregistered

Re: Africa Aids=Malnutrition new
      #19836 - 07/27/01 08:21 PM

Ed your right on. Aids is Africa is simply poverty and rasism, pure and simple. The hiv story is just more fashionable and easier to swallow.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3932

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3