Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
babygirl30

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: Toronto,Ontario
ARV???????
      #185585 - 04/09/06 11:16 PM

I have read alot of posts and many of them talk about ARV.What is that? Is it just another name for HIV?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
Re: ARV??????? new
      #185629 - 04/10/06 11:05 AM

Perhaps you are talking about ARS. That is Acute Retroviral Syndrome. Sometimes when you get infected you get sick 2 to 4 weeks after...kinda like a flu....it lasts a week or so (sometimes more) and you can be really really sick or you can be mildly sick...or nothing at all. This illness when the body is attacking the new invasioin of HIV is ARS. It is unreliable in diagnosiing HIV as some peoplle have it and some people don't and the symtpoms are the same as a million other viruses and illnesses.

babygirl30

Reged: 04/09/06
Loc: Toronto,Ontario
      #185636 - 04/10/06 11:25 AM

Thank-you very much for your reply! It is amazing to me how millions of people suffer from HIV/AIDS,but so many people (like myself) really don't know too much about it.My ex-husband got sick the last week of August last year,he woke up and couldn't move his left side.He was taken to the hospital where we thought he had a stroke,then the doctors thought he might have MS.He got worse and worse.It wasn't untill October the doctors told us he had whats called PML,which is a lesion on his brain,caused by Aids.We were all very shocked because nobody thought that the problem could have been Aids.He got worse and passed away November 22.It was very very difficult and very sad to see him suffer.My daughter watched her father die slowly and to this day she hasn't cried yet.I'm very concerned.I was separated from him for 4 years, so I'm very scared that I might have it too,but I havent got checked yet.Anyways, thank you very much for giving me that information.

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #185657 - 04/10/06 12:44 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, and for your daughters. I know how scarey this whole thing can be. But as you most likely had a significant risk, please test. If you are infected treatment makes a world of difference! It is manageable, but if you ignore it or try to hide from it you could be hit hard i nthe end, as your husband was. Knowledge is power babygirl! I will pray for you and for your daugther that she finds the inner peace and strength to deal with her father's loss. Love and Prayers.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2161

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3