Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

A disease of sexual immorality
      #185317 - 04/08/06 09:21 AM

I read here earlier that HIV isnt a gay disease. I have learned that that is absolutely true. There's the example of contracting HIV during infidelity.

There's an example of the college kid who had multiple partners or visited a prostitute. There's the example of a gay or hetero lover who took chances and didnt tell the other partner.

There are many of those types, We've all read the post about the son of a bitch who didnt tell me he had HIV

There are stories of drug abuse, drunken frenzy bath house experiences and there are also stories of love and accidents, blood transfusions and much fewer stories about being born with HIV.

The common thread I think we find in all of them are mutliple partners in relationships prior to mariage, lack of manogamy,indidelity,dishonesty about being poz and issues of protection etc. The prevailing primary and causitive factor seems to be based from Africa to the states on sexual immorality.

My own sexual immorality as a young man which I really enjoyed at the time resulted in abortions and herpes that I regret 30 years later.

I am not saying for anyone to beat themselves up. Its important at this time to move foward and live life with what we have.

I am saying though that for any of us who professes that Jesus is our savior to also acknowledge the value of the written word when it describes the wages of immoral sexual sin, and use that learning experience to delve further into the written word to learn of other ways in which the word rings true,

The word tells us how to live smartly by giving us some basic themes to adhere to.

The sexual immorality theme is quite accurate. Are there other themes that may be valuable to us that are even harder to assimilate into our humanity?

Discuss

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: A disease of sexual immorality new
      #185321 - 04/08/06 10:11 AM

Yeah, yeah.

Jesus (say as 3 syllables and with a tear of emotiion) will save us all. Praise the LORD!!!!

I think I'll put my faith in Cernunnos. The Horned God of Celtic religion. Much more tolerant religion. Hasn't been corrupted like the christians have become.

Wonders will never cease. An HIV+ person that is also a fundementalist born again Christian. You and GW seem to have something in common. How can you be one of them, when they hate the likes of you?

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #185322 - 04/08/06 10:19 AM

Anonymous
Unregistered

#185325 - 04/08/06 10:40 AM

Does the horned god of the celtic religion in anyway state that certain acts lead to certain consequences. Are the celtic gods so magnamonous that they encourage multiple sex partner, infidelity, deception and other immoralities.

Yep Christians are a good target, about as good of a taget as athe celtic horned gods, but no matter how ya slice it certain things lead to other things.

You make the common mistake that most people who look at christians as you do, that being full of kindness and forgiveness automatically disqualifies us from not seeing the writing on the wall about the specific information learned in the scientific method of cause and affect re sexual immorality

Anonymous
Unregistered

#185331 - 04/08/06 10:54 AM

The spouses who got HIV unknowlingly from their their partner who they thought was manogomous fall right in line with the sexual immorality model. They are obviously blameless but their spouse's behavior of infidelity, multiple sex partners falls right in line with cause and effect.

You stated that>>hiv is a blood disease period, if it gets in your blood, and conditions are right, it WILL infect....has nothing to do with morals, god, race, sexuality, blah blah blah......

Are you on this same earth friend? I am not saying blame yourself or anyonew else or beat yourself up. I am saying certain things happen for a certain reason and whitewashing reality isnt appropriate. If it isnt our own sexual immorality then its someone elses sexual immorality. Facts are facts and thgey cant be hidden with some generic whitewash.

My sexual immorality resulted in an unwanted pregancy that was aborted, herpes, HPV infection that may have resulted in my wifes cervical cancer. It certainly is about sexual immorality.
And I have no problem seeing the connnection.

Ryan white is obviously an exception. But what is the rule A2V, not the exception.
I agree with you that it is not about race.

Why are u afraid to attribute sexual behaviors/morals as a causitive factor. There is a cross on you ID. Are you not reading the same bible I am?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#185332 - 04/08/06 11:01 AM

Kindness and forgiveness use in connection with the type of hate filled christians we hear so much of today is an oxymoron.

And yes. The Celtics have a rule. Harm none. Much more encompassing than a list of shoulds and shouldn'ts.

Your rules are only very subjective and moral opinions of the church. Which it seems with this new relase of the Book of Judas has it all wrong anyway. You have to ask. If they were wrong (read: tried to hide the truth) about Judas, what else are they wrong about. Perhaps they should also have given a whole lot more credit to Mary instead of trying so hard to discredit her.

And that holier than tho attitude of yours. Just Remember 'Pride goeth before the fall'.

I would suggest you go clean up you own religion with your sinful leaders before preaching to the rest of us sinners.

Bear60
Veteran

Reged: 12/21/05
      #185333 - 04/08/06 11:07 AM

Its been said in other threads.....but..... there is a slippery slope when you start this bible thumping, Mr Anon whoever you are. The reson why so many people do not get tested, are afraid to admit they have HIV once they have it and often go on to infect MORE people is this very issue of immorality and religion. If we could get religion out of the HIV issue and put science and medicine in there instead....like we do with MOST diseases ( like diabetes) ....the world would be a better place. I think according your logic that diabetics are immoral. Many overweight people who have led a lifestyle of excess and overeating develop diabetes, should they be made to feel guilty for their weight gain and excess? Perhaps we should condemn MacDonalds for being immoral and serving calorie and fat laden food.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

firefly
Regular

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Orange County, Calif.
      #185342 - 04/08/06 01:13 PM

Go away Oral Roberts!

--------------------
You are a diamond in the rough !

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #185397 - 04/08/06 04:34 PM

moonstarchild
Regular

Reged: 02/28/06
      #185428 - 04/08/06 07:06 PM

AMEN FIREFLY

--------------------
HIV is a part of me, but it does not define me!!!

moonstarchild
Regular

Reged: 02/28/06
      #185430 - 04/08/06 07:14 PM

I agree with you CO. We all are human and we ALL sin and come short of the glory of GOD. If HE was handing out HIV as a punishment for sin, everytime someone lied they would get hiv. If you took a pen home from work (ie, that is stealing) you would get HIV. Or better yet you would just get AIDS and die in a month or two. So take your hypocritical anon a$$ somewhere else casue we don't need you here.

--------------------
HIV is a part of me, but it does not define me!!!

Jenni
Regular

Reged: 11/06/05
Loc: Texas, USA
      #185445 - 04/08/06 09:58 PM

*applauds bear*

--------------------
It's you that I live for and for you that I die.
So I'll lay here with you until the final goodbye

Jenni
Regular

Reged: 11/06/05
Loc: Texas, USA
      #185447 - 04/08/06 10:11 PM

Let me get this straight... you DON'T have HIV/AIDS? So, you just came to this forum to bash and preach at people who are here for love, understanding and support?

Get a life. No one here wants or needs your opinion. Come back when you have some hard FACTS to back up your rants.

--------------------
It's you that I live for and for you that I die.
So I'll lay here with you until the final goodbye

kenya

Reged: 01/30/06
Loc: Kenya
      #185467 - 04/09/06 02:24 AM

doest this anon need an answer? i think everyone should ignore him: let him go and get educated first before he can come to post here! we shall all wait for judgment day, him being no exception.

--------------------
i believe in God absolutely and I choose life!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: A disease of sexual immorality
      #185480 - 04/09/06 06:27 AM

In my original thread I spoke of the value of the written word in it's description of sexual immorality and how the lessons in scripture not applied came into play in my life and the consequences that resulted.

Im no oral roberts, nor bible thumper, i dont seek to judge or be judged nor would i want to see anyone punished as we all fall short. BUT I do like to strip away all the self deceptive defense mechanisms that keep us from communicating clearly with our selves and with others. Clear and-
honest communication about cause and effect innaproriately gets me titled as some sort of judgemental bible-thumping republican bush-lover

Then I ask A2V>>>

What value besides for information purpose is it to know that HIV is passed along from non-sexual means when in our own personal experience that was the exact and specific reason we got it.

Then the issue of morality vs. responsibility. There was a moment in time for all of us when we made a choice to take a chance and there are always consequences for the choices we make, both good and bad.

Has the thought occured to you that the term "protection" is necessary only when there is a harm to be protected from. What is that harm that we need protecting from then. Its sexual immorality first and responsibilty second.

If we dont put ourselves in the position to need protection we are wiser men for it.

My only point here has been to point out that scripture is excellent in providing us with guidance about how to keep ourselves safe. It isnt necessary to disqualify or downplay the difficult to listen to parts of scripture that refer to fornification, adultery and other sexual morality passages in order to feel good about ourselves. It seems to me that it is very important to tell it like it is, not bend logic in regards to the causitive factors to give ourselves a warm and fuzzy and only when we understand where we went wrong can we have enough information to learn to go right.

Think of me as you wish, but as we all lay at night looking up at the ceiling we know what is right and we know what we do to cover it up. I have no use in covering it up becuase it impedes repentence.

It is what it is in this our Lord's natural order

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11130

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3