Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
time is racing....
      #183215 - 03/29/06 07:21 PM

by so quickly lately. i woke up a few weeks ago & suddenly realized that there really isn't a better time than the present. i was struck with the realization that my best friend in the whole world is moving 3 hours away from me... in June.... WITH MY GOD DAUGHTER!!!! AND GOD SON!!!!! she's (God daughter) going to be 2 years old in 11 days. it seems like yesterday (really it does) that i looked at her for the 1st time when she was only hours old. i fell in love. my heart is aching to know that she's not going to be right across the street from me. i can't just stop by after she goes to bed to poke my head in just to see her sleeping. i find myself wanting to spend every single moment with them because they are all i have had thru all this HIV stuff. what am i going to do when i just want a hug from her or to smell that "new kid" smell. i chase her around the house telling her that i'm going to put my nose on her so i can smell all the youth off of her & stay young forever. she calls me on the phone to laugh & giggle & sing e-i-e-i-o.

anyway, i transfered to a different department. YEA ME!! my 4 year 8 month Tour of Duty as a Customer Service Rep ended on March 1, 2006. i no longer have to listen to Podunk Nosenso talk about how "me & ma done noticed the problem one day when the roof done came in & it started a rainin in the house!" all the while pickin possum or squirrel out of his tooth. GOD BLESS AMERICA!! i guess as long as people keep livin in mobile homes near the ocean or in the mountains, i'll have a job.

our landlord went crazy & decided that she was going to pull us into her realm of make believe. told us 2/16 that we needed to pay for the hurricane assessment ($1000) and $370 increase in rent. she actually gave back the rent check and said that it wasn't enough. she was increasing the rent to accomodate for her increase in tax & variable APR that increase. and we had until 3/1 to come up with $3128, or move out by 3/31. wha??? she kept quoting "per our rental agreement".... apparently "crazyville" was experiencing opposite day. lon story short, in one of her numerous rambling letters she told us that we could also get our own financing for the home & take over the mortgage as a refinace in our names. ok, what's the pay off on the house? $60,000. WTF!!! ok!! we should be going to closing 3/31, at the latest 4/15. YEA US!!! the market value of the house... as is.... $190,000!!!! ROCK FUCKIN ON!!! i was offered a job as a mortgage broker making twice what i am now. wha?? yes. 2 times the income i live ok on now. but it'll be an hour & 15 min drive 1 way to work. bleck! mortgage broker in miami. how sweet is that? i guess i'll just wait & see what happens. no need to rush around and make a crazy decision. i've had my fill of bad decisions to last me a life time!! (can i get an AMEN!?)

so, between missing someone who isn't gone yet, starting a new job, buying a house, coordinating & getting people to sponser/walk for my team for the AIDS walk on 4/23 & starting an adjusters class to get my adjusters license, i've been sleeping.

i had a moment of insanity too... last friday after work a friend & i drove up to fort lauderdale to the new Coach & Burberry outlets that just opened. i was able to control myself in Burberry, let's be real, $395 for a little sling pouch is insane. but Coach was a different story. to compensate, i bought him a Ipod nano to be quiet & got brakes & tires for the car.

but all in all, been feelin great, takin some vitamins (gummi bear kids vitamins!) and trying to slow time down a little bit!! i hope everyone is well, and taking their meds n stuff. my next blood letting is 4/10 & follow up with the doc is 4/21.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
Re: time is racing.... new
      #183225 - 03/29/06 07:39 PM

I've missed you!!!!!!!
I use to work for coach...50% off my dear!
I am sorry about your godchildren, but its only 3 hours, not across the ocean. i will send you a teddy bear and some baby lotion, then you can get your fix after you talk to them on the phone and it will feel like they are still there....
love you,
melissa

dj1979
Guru

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: rural upstate NY
      #183235 - 03/29/06 08:20 PM

AMEN on the enough bad decisions!!! Living with my bad decision every day now. Sounds like the housing situation/job situation might be the proverbial cloud with a silver lining - or however that goes. Bet your landlady will be kicking herself in the butt come tax time - she's taking quite a loss on the house - but that just makes it all the more worth it for you. Love your sense of humor - nice to meet you.

still_here
Guardian

#183237 - 03/29/06 08:43 PM

i try not to think of myself as living with HIV anymore... i'm trying to live past it. i went to pick up my med refill today after work, and i was pissed off that i had to spend $80 dollars.. AGAIN. but, i had to stop & say thanks to The Big Guy because i have the car to get me to the job to get me the insurance & the pay check to pay for the meds that are keeping me around for the next zillion years. i got caught up in the "HIV moment" and forgot that i'm living past it now. i'm moving on. don't get me wrong, i've gotten particularly neurotic about washing my hands... a quirk. but i managed to not catch Rotavirus, strep throat or bronchitis from all the germ carriers at work. not to mention the managers daughter who has some super infected highly contagious cellulitis infection thing that starts with the letter "m". and my boyfriend sick with fever & the flu for the past 2 weeks. bastards!! he did test negative!! YEA HIM!! but he's getting retested in 3-4 weeks to make sure. down side... we're not having sex. at all. well, at least not together. i've invested in another battery operated friend. yea me... not. but i can't really blame him, can't say that i wouldn't be apprehensive too if the tables were turned. he's really been great thru all of this. took him months to get tested, but atleast we know.

as far as the silver lining... it better be platinum!!

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #183311 - 03/30/06 09:24 AM

Sorry to hear about the godchildren. I know that feeling. It was so hard when my sister took my nephews(8 and newborn) to Florida. I wanted to kill her. It is not so bad now. I call and visit. Gives me an excuse to try to move. I miss them horribly. As for the house....Good for you. The job.....go for it!!! If you are making more money who cares. We all know what the "traffic" is like in Fl. Wow......3 cars on the road.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #183317 - 03/30/06 09:50 AM

Hi
I've missed your "firey" posts and am glad to see that all is going well. Hey, best way to save money is NOT buy that 350 dollar purse. You may enjoy this: I recently did a job for a nice old lady...about 93 , who happens to be a real Countess, and is called "lady" by her employees etc. She was dressed to go out to for a hairdressers appt and let me tell you.....she looked like she had been shopping at the Goodwill Store. I thought about this for awhile and here is the result: 1. if you are really rich you dont have to flaunt it. 2 if you dress like a commoner then you won't be a target for purse snatchers 3. How do the rich stay rich? let me tell you..... she drinks Budweiser beer and lives in a 2 million dollar condo

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

firefly
Guardian

Reged: 01/22/06
Loc: Orange County, Calif.
      #183332 - 03/30/06 10:27 AM

I've missed you ! Good to see your back !

--------------------
You are a diamond in the rough !

still_here
Guardian

#183505 - 03/30/06 06:49 PM

i didn't pay $350... it's the Coach Outlet!!! the purse, wallet & keychain (SHUT IT UUUUP!!!) together was only $300, thank you very much!! but i got to thinkin, i don't ever go anywhere, don't really buy things for me except clothes for work. hell, i still have sneakers from... well, early 90's. (SHUT UP AGAIN!!! LMAO!) so, i splurged. i don't have any children (except my God children) no pets. so i decided that i have wasted enough time saving for my old age. who knows, i could be in my old age right now & don't know it!! so i'm gonna enjoy myself & be economically frivolous. much like my positive twist on being "selectively friendly" any time someone says, "you're so mean!" i politely correct them by telling them i am not mean, i am selectively friendly. shuts them up long enough for me to smile & walk away.

my evil plot to make my neighbor shit on himself while he's in his car has been foiled. i came home & discovered them hogging the driveway with a moving truck. WOW!! reading that just made me realize how crazy i sound.....

anyway, this bastard comes home EVERY FUCKING NIGHT between 8:17-8:22pm and pulls into the driveway & lays on his horn. why? not because he is an asshole. but because he is a lazy asshole. he keeps honking until the idiot inside comes & unlocks the door & waves to him to let him know "alls clear" WTF!! the last few times i've been sitting out on my porch on the phone & didn't notice him pull into the driveway (right next to me) and he scared the hell outta me. the last time was the moment i knew i had to make him shit himself...

i planned to purchase one of those airhorns after work today. i was going to go out & wait in the bushes for him to pull into the driveway. as soon as he was done layin on the horn, & opened the driver door to get out i was gonna jump out & blow the airhorn at him & tell him to KNOCK IT THE FUCK OOOOOOOOOOFFFFFF!!!!! how funny is that!!?? LMAO!!! hopefully the next neighbors will give me a reason to buy an airhorn... a girl can dream.

AIDS2HIV
Legend

Reged: 12/19/05
      #183535 - 03/30/06 09:54 PM

ill never forget my experiences with an airhorn.....we got ahold of a train horn when we was youngens, we hooked it up in a friends shed, and it busted the window out of the shed when we set it off...lol....one of those times ya just dont forget*

--------------------
Thinking about meeting someone from this site? Read my profile before you do.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3399

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3