Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

No need to Wave the Gay Flag Here
      #182102 - 03/24/06 12:11 PM

As a father of a gay HIV son its totally irrelevant to me when I hear such crap as HIV isnt a "gay disease" worldwide. In DeMoines with your ass up in the air, mingling with high risk groups and having unprotected sex, it is absolutely a gay disease and I could care less what it is Nairobi or Zimbabwe. What does being gay, not having enough love from your father or being touched by your Aunt Fran or Uncle Bob as a child have to do with putting yourself at risk and then coming to the table with some such brand of radical pro-HIV yada yada yada politicism. Its not about sexual orientation, its about being stupid, dangerous and selfish to yourself and to those that love and adore you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: No need to Wave the Gay Flag Here new
      #182103 - 03/24/06 12:17 PM

it is absolutely a gay disease /quote
Its not about sexual orientation / quote

So I am confused.. Have you asked your son what his take is on your outlook?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182131 - 03/24/06 01:43 PM

My son told me a few years ago that the gay population was a pretty mean and nasty bunch which was counter-intuitive to me at the time. He told me that manogomy really wasnt an expectation in the gay world. These generalizations have actually rang true as I speak with other gay folks thru the years so Im not saying anything new here. Then it stands to reason that generally speaking there is a subset group as in any other population of people where there is a significant portion of non-manogamous, mean and nasty HIV people who give it to others with no regard just so they can get their rocks off.

Survivor
Legend

#182159 - 03/24/06 02:47 PM

Then there is the other group who do not do what you have just pointed out... Have you done any looking to see that its the hetrosexual world at present that has the largest infection rate and its growing?? The Gay infection rate has actually tappered and is slowing.. Just some info for you..

I am sorry you are having all these worries with yuor Son..

Imnotcrz
Fanatic

Reged: 03/14/06
      #182161 - 03/24/06 02:52 PM

I must tell you that you sound really stupid. You as a father better be there for your son, period! If this is how you act around him, you need a serious ass kicking. We are born who we are and it don't matter who has what or who gives who what. Shut up and give your son the love he deserves. After all your the one who brought him into this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imnotcrz
Fanatic

#182163 - 03/24/06 02:54 PM

One more thing, I'm a straight white educated female w/ Bi racial kids and a black husband. I suppose you have a problem w/that as well. You came to the wrong board saying crap like this.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182168 - 03/24/06 03:08 PM

Please tell me what it is that I dont want to hear that Ive proven.

I let my son use my razor and the kid didnt even tell me he was being tested for HIV at the time. So I am getting checked for HIV as there a small chance and becuase I exhibited flulike symptoms, swollen glands. diarreah a few weeks after he left. When I brought this up to him he threatened to hurt me.

Mean,dangerous, selfish, outrageous!

Im so disgusted I cant even be someone he can count on right now.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182169 - 03/24/06 03:09 PM

let my son use my razor and the kid didnt even tell me he was being tested for HIV at the time. So I am getting checked for HIV as there a small chance and becuase I exhibited flulike symptoms, swollen glands. diarreah a few weeks after he left. When I brought this up to him he threatened to hurt me.

Mean,dangerous, selfish, outrageous!

Im so disgusted I cant even be someone he can count on right now.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182170 - 03/24/06 03:12 PM

Thank u for your kindness Eric. Are you able to maintain employment while on the meds?

Survivor
Legend

#182171 - 03/24/06 03:24 PM

I work just has hard now as I did when I was not infected. In fact I am one of those who carries to high ended jobs and works 80 hours per week.. I love paying Tripple mortgage payments and getting the bills down!! I also have time for my family and for you....

Love

ItsFaith
Legend

Reged: 10/17/05
      #182186 - 03/24/06 04:10 PM

Perhaps your son exhibited some selfish and irresponsible behavior (and I'm not saying whether he has or hasn't) but that doesn't mean you should make such broad strokes with your brush of anger.

Survivor
Legend

#182191 - 03/24/06 04:16 PM

Im going to sit on the fence on this one.. If its any consequence. HIV does not live long outside of the body. I suppose if you were to use his razzor right after he used it and that he cut himself and bled on the razor, then you cut yourself to.. Well then, there is that possibility.. Doesnt sound to highly in my rational mind....

Being angry with your son I think is normal. However, you probably dont realize the emotional termoil he is going through right now. Its beyond your comprehension about what an HIV postive diagnosis will do to the sole and mental state.

Be there for your Son, please...

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182212 - 03/24/06 05:18 PM

Unfortunately I am unable to come to his rescue at this time.

As I mentioned earlier when I told him that I felt he put me at risk, he threatend to ruin my life and said things that would wound the toughest of men. Deep dark hurtful things that a son should never tell his father.

I tried to put these things aside in compassion for his plight and was able to until a few weeks passed.

He is now feared as we believe he feels empowed for feeling that he has nothing left to lose

My son has had difficulty of an extreme degree with all of his relationships thru the years and doesnt seem to have ever grasped that he is the sole captian of his ship, blaming everyone for but not understanding that he is a seperate life form unto himself. Affected by others in his life but not controlled by others.

Having HIV doesnt change a thing.

When a child is out of control HIV or not a parent has to seperate themselves to maintain the situation.. He is 25 and picked a bad time to slice and dice his father.

The bond between father and son is not unbreakable and will splinter in the face of meaness. It is outrageous that we fear him but he has acted out in a way that justifies it.

Hopefully time will heal as for much mercy is given much will be received.

Survivor
Legend

#182214 - 03/24/06 05:33 PM

I hope, in time, a common ground can be found between you and your son. You have alot of anger that you need to find a channel for. Work your side of the street.. Read your original post. Start there my friend..

Love

Imnotcrz
Fanatic

#182229 - 03/24/06 06:24 PM

I think your coming around you do care or you would not be looking at this site. Just don't make this a gay thing and know that you don't even have to be out there doing stupid things to come across this. You need to be patient with him, he's scared. Things will always work out.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7279

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3