Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

No need to Wave the Gay Flag Here
      #182101 - 03/24/06 12:11 PM

As a father of a gay HIV son its totally irrelevant to me when I hear such crap as HIV isnt a "gay disease" worldwide. In DeMoines with your ass up in the air, mingling with high risk groups and having unprotected sex, it is absolutely a gay disease and I could care less what it is Nairobi or Zimbabwe. What does being gay, not having enough love from your father or being touched by your Aunt Fran or Uncle Bob as a child have to do with putting yourself at risk and then coming to the table with some such brand of radical pro-HIV yada yada yada politicism. Its not about sexual orientation, its about being stupid, dangerous and selfish to yourself and to those that love and adore you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ny10001
Grand Master

Reged: 07/08/05
Loc: New York
Re: No need to Wave the Gay Flag Here new
      #182128 - 03/24/06 01:32 PM

You're making some dangerous assumptions here. You're making an assumption that anyone who has been infected did so because of poor behavior. Some people were infected by their partners even though the first person may have believed their relationship to be monogamous. Some were infected before birth. Some were infected because of accidents. Some simply made mistakes.

The list goes on and on. The point is...anyone can be infected by a virus...gay or straight.

I don't understand the point of your ranting message. You never actually get to a real point. What is it you hoped to achieve?

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #182135 - 03/24/06 01:46 PM

With all due respect, WHAT IS YOUR POINT? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO PROVE?

You have "proven" several things to me and probably everyone who reads your post. However, I've got a feeling that you really don't want to hear what we feel you've proven.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#182148 - 03/24/06 02:30 PM

Please tell me what it is that I dont want to hear that Ive proven.

I let my son use my razor and the kid didnt even tell me he was being tested for HIV at the time. So I am getting checked for HIV as there a small chance and becuase I exhibited flulike symptoms, swollen glands. diarreah a few weeks after he left. When I brought this up to him he threatened to hurt me.

Mean,dangerous, selfish, outrageous!

Im so disgusted I cant even be someone he can count on right now.

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
      #182196 - 03/24/06 04:24 PM

So you think your son is a slut, that gay people are to blame for AIDS, and you are to blame for your son being gay? Well let me see.....wrong, wrong, wrong.

Anger and denial are common at your stage with HIV, I would look for some help to get you through this before you do irreparable damage to yourself, your son, and the relationship between you and your son.

ScotCharles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #182202 - 03/24/06 04:31 PM

Oh My GOd......its dementia ?

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

ScotCharles
Legend

#182230 - 03/24/06 06:36 PM

No silly, Dementia is next to Croatia who sat with Letitia last night at my house. Lalalalala!

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #182245 - 03/24/06 07:56 PM

now thats what I am talking about Chuck! Your picture that is! i have no f.. clue tho..

ScotCharles
Legend

#182331 - 03/25/06 12:06 PM

Tsar Nicholas II, best I could do without linking you to my personal website, which I prefer not to do.

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #182333 - 03/25/06 12:19 PM

Chuck, if I were to be directed to your website it would probably be the Louvre.org. My ADD would go into overdrive.. So thanks for spooning it out in little doses.

Love Ya!

sadface
Legend

Reged: 02/15/06
      #182337 - 03/25/06 12:41 PM

Gay, Bi, straight, black, white, hispanic, oriental.....Jewish even. Hiv can be anywhere at anytime. We need to protect and educate ourselves. Hiv knows no face...no wealth...no poverty...no one. It exists and the only way to stop the spread is by educating ourselves and knowing our status. Life is full of unknown occurances. We as people need to unite and come together...not throw stones. Read the "Serenity" prayer...it says it all.
God has given us life on this earth for a short while, enjoy, grasp and love every moment. For one day...we will meet again. I love my family here on THE BODY, and I am thankful for all of you...neg or poz, you are still a person not a disease!!!
Love to you.......SF aka Melissa

DanielMark
Expert

Reged: 06/06/04
Loc: Ottawa Canada
Posted this in the other same topic but don't want it missed new
      #182344 - 03/25/06 03:19 PM

Anonymous,

I prefer not to be lumped into someone's stereotypes, or misinterpretations, myself. Do you realize that not all Gay people behave the same? That we are as diverse as heterosexual people? Think about it. What if I judged all heteros as angry, scared and confused as you are sounding in your first post at the top of this thread? That wouldn’t be fair now would it.

I would suggest while you’re working through your anger that you read up on the facts about HIV. It might help put your mind at ease. It's next to impossible that you would get HIV from sharing a shaving kit.

A good place to start might be on this very site:

http://www.thebody.com/cdc/faq/transmission.html

Daniel

--------------------
Follow your honest heart

Choosing2Liv
Legend

Reged: 03/21/06
Loc: South
      #183191 - 03/29/06 05:17 PM

Sir, these are the words used in your original post:

- totally irrelevant
- such crap
- "gay disease"
- your ass up in the air
- mingling with high risk groups
- unprotected sex
- absolutely a gay disease
- I could care less
- not having enough love
- being [inapproporately] touched by your Aunt Fran or Uncle Bob as a child
- putting yourself at risk
- coming to the table with some such brand of radical pro-HIV yada yada yada politicism
- Its not about sexual orientation, its about being stupid, dangerous and selfish to yourself and to those that love and adore

Again, with all due respect, I was honestly confused about what you were trying to prove. I believe you said that you were trying to prove that HIV is a gay disorder. However, your words weren't aimed at leading us to that conclusion.

Frankly speaking, your words seem to be those of an angry, mean-spirited, gay basher. Even your title ("No Need to Wave the GAY FLAG Here") fits into that mold.

Having said that, based on what you've written in your second post, you probably have a right to be angry at your son. I agree that it is totally wrong and inexcuseable for someone to willfully do something that puts another risk.

Personally, I see several issues at hand. #1) Your son not accepting your desire to be someone he can count on; #2) Your son putting you at risk and threatening to hurt you; and #3) Your seemingly angry, mean-spirited, gay bashing word. I think that they are all related.

The only one that you have control over is #3. If you are honest with yourself, you might find that you weren't really trying to prove something about this "gay disease." You were a hurt, angry and confused father that just wanted to vent -- WHICH IS PERFECTLY OKAY TO DO. Just know that in your mind and with your mouth you might say and probably feel that you want to support your son, but your real message (which comes from the heart) shouts that you are angry and disapprove of your disease-infected, gay, son. That is what is he probably hearing too.

Now I have spent far more time responding to you than I ever intended to. But for some reason I get the impression that you are good man who honestly wants to be supportive of his son during a time when his child needs him most. Unfortunately, I think you might be going about it the wrong way.

IF you are not totally confused or turned off by my response to you and would like to email me directly to hear some of my suggestions, you may do so at Choosing2Live@hotmail.com. If my dad were alive and was honestly trying to support me but was going about it the wrong way, I would like to think that someone would offer to help him.

Sir, whether you email me or not, I wish you and your son all the luck in the world.

--Gary

P.S. Man, I wish my dad were alive! Although this military-trained, tough as nails, outdoors man would be embarrassed and confused, I'd like to think that fatherhood would take over and he'd be there for me if I really needed him.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3246

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3