Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Peaceplease
Unregistered

Rapid T Cell decline
      #181381 - 03/21/06 09:19 AM

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post on here.... I hope to get some feedback. I was diagnosed in October of last year - became infected in July of last year. I've been having my bloods monitored closely and have been dismayed to see that my t-cells have fallen steadily from 700 (in October) to 242 (last week). The percentage has also gone down and is now 11%.

I guess I just feel so dissapointed in my body and also very alone, I feel like I'm the only person who's immune system seems to be failing this quickly.

I also am very worried that this will somehow indicate that treatment will not be as successful..

I would appreciate any personal stories or feedback regarding similar situations...
thank you.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: Rapid T Cell decline new
      #181399 - 03/21/06 10:22 AM

hi

regards from india

Nope, i dont see any reason for you to loose hope and yes your immune systme is not failing, it just needs the support of additonal medicines.

Go to your health care provider and get things sorted out and i hope you get a combination which suits your immune system perfectly.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

#181403 - 03/21/06 10:53 AM

what does your doctor say? Mine nose dived to 209 about 6 months after I was infected. I did go on medication then and my CD4's went back up to over 700 on medication.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#181440 - 03/21/06 02:15 PM

Welcome,

I too am new to this site. You did not stated if you are on meds yet. So if not, you need to talk to your doctor regarding treatment. If you are taking meds already, then maybe what you are on is not right for you and requires a tune up. Sometimes tests will tell what med are right for you and what are not, and sometime thoise tests are wrong.

The body goes up and down, maybe it's the moon. No one know, don't take it personal.

Hope this advise helps you. Be strong. and get more medical advise from you doctor.

God bless

Anonymous
Unregistered

#181466 - 03/21/06 04:03 PM

hey thanks for those responses... it was especially good to hear that someone else's numbers went down that quickly but still responded to treatment without a problem... I guess I just made that fear up in my head.

Actually I just went back to my doctor during lunch and will be starting on meds (Sustiva + Truvada) tonight. It feels like a very significant day... and yet it feels like any other day.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1533

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3