Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Need to have human contact
      #180042 - 03/15/06 02:08 PM

Greetings to all,
I am totally new to this internet online issues. Known about this site for a while now. Just don't know what to do. I would like some assist with regards to what is proper and what is not. Can I post my email on here? How do I start to meet people? Would like some feedback on this matter. Appreciate all the help anyone can give. As least where to start.

Thanks to all.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Need to have human contact new
      #180043 - 03/15/06 02:12 PM

First off. Don't post your email on a public forum.

The easiest thing is to sign up and log in. At that point you will have access to the private message system on here. You can PM any other member and vice versus.

If you click on a users name you will see a profile and at the bottom you will have the option to email the person.

Oh, and welcome

Anonymous
Unregistered

#180044 - 03/15/06 02:15 PM

Thank you.

Will log in no, and start to have a support group.

Thanks for the heads up.

Hope it goes well for us all.

ang89
Regular

Reged: 12/24/04
      #180046 - 03/15/06 02:26 PM

Hi how are you? There is a web site www.poz.com
they are a free dating site just go and browse you will have good luck.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#180048 - 03/15/06 02:32 PM

Welcome! Tell us who you are, where you live and how long you've been living with HIV.You'll see you'll meet lots of people!

goofyme
Fanatic

Reged: 03/15/06
Loc: nyc
      #180049 - 03/15/06 02:39 PM

Dear ang89 and Jackie Blue.

Have successfully reg. and a user. and am loged in. Will check out the siit you provided. Thanks you both of you for your assist. Hope this will help to to have some kind of human contact outside of family. Been to myself too long.

Thanks once again.

goofyme
Fanatic

#180050 - 03/15/06 02:53 PM

Hello to all,
I am from NYC and have been dealing with hiv for 10 years. I have been one of the lucky few that have not beel ill from the hiv. I did get lymphomia last year, and have successsfully treated it. All if fine and well in that dept. I'm happy to say. My meds are working real well, even though the tests states otherwise. Viral load down, t cells up,. Easy cocktail. No complains at all. Except human contact.

kept to myself over the years, and don't really know what to do. I know there are lots of support groups in NYC, but just never really have the nerve to walk in. Don't know why, but just have not. I moved out of the city after 9/11 to Long Island. Not the city, but not the country.

So hope this is the begaining of a beautiful friendship(s). as Rick said.

Thank to all, be in the loop now.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

#180055 - 03/15/06 03:18 PM

I live in the country myself. Rural Virginia, the mountains are nice.

You say your meds are working, but your tests don't show that? Whoops that must have been in your other post, don't see it below to reference it. Anyway, if your viral load is down and CD 4 is up????...or is it because you have a viral load. My doctor added Norvir to mine recently to boost my PI. I have a very low viral load, but he wants to see it undectectable.

goofyme
Fanatic

#180061 - 03/15/06 03:47 PM

Hello Jackie,

Yeah, the geneno and or feno test say the meds are not suppose to work, but they are working. The test states that for about 2 years or so. I was resisting to change my meds, as I would a class of meds. So I did not. I now have a new doctor, who agrees with me. If it isn't broken, don't touch it. My viral load is stable, around low 100, almost undetectable. My t cells count continue to go up over 400. Doc do not understand, but I guess he do not want to.

So that's what it all about.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

#180065 - 03/15/06 04:06 PM

I guess sometimes the rules don't always apply...or at least we can make up new ones as we go along.

Both my husband and I halve our doses, well close, one of mine is a once a day, but the other two I only take once a day also.

He's undectectable and I'm close, that's why my doctor added the Norvir, he says 200 isn't bad, but wants to see it undectectable. He was surprised when we told him....as was our doctor before him, but it seems to work for us. I had to laugh at your 'ain't broke' comment. That's what our old doctor said.

I've never been good about my meds. At least this way I don't put as much toxins into my system. I handle the meds just fine now, and I'm getting results.

littleprince
Fanatic

#180090 - 03/15/06 05:46 PM

Hi! I am from NYC too and been diagnosed for a week now. Still waiting for my confirmation result next week and I am coping better but it gets so lonely and overwhelming. I don't even know if I will tell anyone.

I find comfort looking at these threads everyday.

--------------------
You Are What You Tolerate.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#180094 - 03/15/06 05:57 PM

Dear littleprince,
Hang in there, be calm and relax. Don't sweat it whatever will be will be. We are here for you. Need to talk or something, then do it. We hope for the best for you.

good luch.

goofyme
Fanatic

#180100 - 03/15/06 06:13 PM

Dear jackie,

Yep, I guess sometimes the rules do not apply, or as you said make up the rule as we go along. Medicine is still consider a guess work for everyone including the doctors.

Thanks for sharing.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #180170 - 03/15/06 09:31 PM

Hay Goof & LP... Welcome to thebody.. I am very pleased to meet you.. Sorry its under the pretence of HIV, but what the hell... We are here and we are survivors. I dont think I would have made it this far without the love and support of this forum of truly gifted and wonderful people. I learn, I deal, I survive.. Sometimes barely. (Head games) but I am still here!

Welcome to you both..

Love

SA_Intellect
Guru

Reged: 03/27/06
Loc: San Antonio, Texas
      #185510 - 04/09/06 12:01 PM

I found that my friends and family have made all the difference in the world to me. This has been such a SHOCKING event for me ( I was diagnosed two weeks ago). If I didn't have their support, I probably would have taken my own life. But luckily I have my family and friends. You should find some people in your life you are very comfortable with and talk to them about it. It really helps.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3540

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3