HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
New Numbers...
      #177975 - 03/02/06 01:41 PM

Well, I had my first visit with the New ID doctors at Washington University on Monday and I already have my new numbers. I'm very impressed with the service I have received there.

I've had some extreme anxiety this week for some reason. It seems better today.

My new numbers are:
CD4 376 (14%) down from 455 (16%)
VL 87,512 down from 140,000

Not bad numbers considering I've been fighting acute bronchittis for the past month or more. But definately to the point of looking to meds soon. The nurse practitioner told me today that the viral load would probably be undetectable within a month of going on meds.

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
Re: New Numbers... new
      #177976 - 03/02/06 01:52 PM

Oh my God David!!!!! pssst... You going to be fine... But as you have so well put it... You are closer than further in giving your body a break from your bug.. I would say that you are in a prime position to go on meds.. Your vl will go ud within a month and your cd4's are at a point where you dont have to rebuild from scratch which as you know takes a long time... I know this step seems huge.. Trust your WU docs, they will take care of you David. You will feel like you have taken control of your life again. Its a good feeling... Then you fly out to Denver and we have some down time to talk about the past few months ahy??

Love Ya... Your doing really good with all of this...

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #178024 - 03/02/06 06:58 PM

Great. Those numbers are not bad considering a lot of things. Any little thing can change those numbers. Bronchitis will defenitly do it!

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #178034 - 03/02/06 07:19 PM

Blixer....you are doing fine hun. I have to say over the years I have dreaded going in to get the NUMBERS especially when I had a cold or something was stressing me out....but I havent seen much in the way of changes due to those things. So is there really a correlation between CD4s and say bronchitis?????? This is a question I cant answer.....anyone?

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #178036 - 03/02/06 07:22 PM

My doctor told me any little thing can affect your numbers. Not getting enough sleep the night before, having a cold come on and you do not even know it. Just about everything. This decrease in cd4 is not a big deal. It can also depend on the rest of the blood work.

Survivor
Legend

#178038 - 03/02/06 07:24 PM

It was explained to me that "anytime your body is dealing with something foreign in its system - will lower a cd4 value." Pretty broad but does explain why cd4's bounce around like they do.

moonstarchild
Guardian

Reged: 02/28/06
      #178052 - 03/02/06 08:08 PM

I have strep throat right now so I know that the numbers are going to probably change but it is okay. Don't focus so much on the numbers, focus on how you feel.

--------------------
HIV is a part of me, but it does not define me!!!

DavidSolomon
All Star

Reged: 02/17/06
Loc: Gilbert (Phoenix) Arizona
      #178076 - 03/02/06 10:18 PM

I agree there. Bronchitis is rough on people that are not sick.
And so hard to get rid of, as it likes to linger. I am glad you have a great attitude. Helps keeps the stress level down. I am glad things are going well your way.

david

--------------------
David

Survivor
Legend

#178094 - 03/02/06 11:26 PM

David.. Why is it whenever you refer to the "Nurse Practitioner", I always think of Nurse Rachet in One who Flew over the Cookoo's Nest?? With her bun hairdew and her white hose.. Over the PA "Gentelman my I have your attention please, Its time for your urine samples to be taken. Please meet with nurse Biatch at the door on your left." Then Jack Nicholson just fucks with her the entire movie.. Thats what my mind has drawn about your NP.. Can you come up with a new name like. Nurse Vlavia, or Nurse Godzilla?? I just have this yucky taste in my mouth. Like I licked some fly paper or something....

bluuuck...

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
      #178135 - 03/03/06 10:19 AM

Bronchititis? Did your docs do some blood work to check for cryptococcus, MAC, CMV or PCP? If not you should get them to do it, if for nothing else just to establish a baseline.

While your numbers are good, you need to be monitored closely for signs of a lung infection. .....And you've had your pneumonia shot?

Now, don't get all anxious, poppet. Lung infections take a long time to develop and you likely will not keel over in the street. Just, if your bronchitis doesn't get better.....

Spring is just around the corner.

Cheers,

ScotCharles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
      #178154 - 03/03/06 12:08 PM

I had my pneumonia shot on Monday when I went in. I've had the lung stuff since November. That was what originally caused me to go to the doctor and ultimately finding my HIV status. Everyone along the way has called it bronchittis. On Monday the HIV doctor said it was Acute Bronchittis. They didn't do any bloodwork for the lung issue. Just listened and looked at the x-rays that were done on Feb 15. They thought the xrays looked ok and said with my current counts that I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

And anxiety... well, my anxiety is at a high point right now and starting to have a very negative impact on my work.

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Bear60
Legend

#178213 - 03/03/06 07:39 PM

Blixer...... This is so wierd....but looking at that last post of yours reminded me......that before I was tested for HIV....a couple of years...... I had some kind of lung infection...that responded to antibiotics. But it was wierd in that it did not seem to be diagnosable...at least not easily and I never persued it........but the doctor at the time said he thought it might be Legionaires Disease...now that takes you back......because a bunch of American Legionaires having a convention in Philly at the Bellevue Stratford Hotel came down with it and it was traced to the air conditioning system. Later several died. It was named Legionaires Disease after that outbreak.

--------------------

Bear60
Legend

Legionaires new
      #178215 - 03/03/06 07:40 PM

That was in 1986?

--------------------

ScotCharles
Legend

#178229 - 03/03/06 08:23 PM

Not to worry you, but bronchitis since November? Fungal pneumonia won't show up on X-ray for a long time and by then you're fairly far along in the infection. The tests are EXPENSIVE and this may be why the clinic is hesitant to do them and if they do diagnose you with an AIDS defining condition i.e. PCP, etc. they have to do a lot of paperwork reporting you to the CDC as an AIDS patient (and yes it is by name and SSAN likely with your address and telephone number).

Not that I've said that, it probably is just bronchitis, don't worry. Have a nice weekend.

Cheers,

Charles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

ScotCharles
Legend

Re: Legionaires new
      #178232 - 03/03/06 08:27 PM

Yeah, but Bear, Legionnaires was caused by those old swamp cooler air conditioners. Anyway, Blixer do a Blixen and scamper about this weekend and don't worry about what the old guys are grumbling about and I'm not referring to you, Bear.

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4495

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3