Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
sesemoore

Reged: 02/16/06
Love and HIV positive
      #176221 - 02/21/06 06:02 AM

Last night I was watching a TV sitcom on UPN, you the boy meets girl thing and she turned out to be HIV positive and he accepted it in a second I know its people out there that can easy accept the status but in my reality I haven't met any guy yet that accepts me being HIV + should I give up on love or wait it out? Just something that was on my mind this morning;

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
still_here
Guardian

Reged: 02/01/06
Re: Love and HIV positive new
      #176243 - 02/21/06 09:44 AM

never give up on love.... this is my favorite passage from the Bible. I read it everyday to remind me

1 Corinthians 13
Love
1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Bear60
Legend

Reged: 12/21/05
      #176245 - 02/21/06 10:15 AM

Ah....TV....you have to love those happy endings. Seriously, sese, i agree. Reality is way different. I try to look at it this way: if there is a program on TV that shows a Poz woman dating a Negative guy.....this is a GOOD thing. Its a form of education. You know: its ok to date someone who is HIV positive. Is this what we encounter in real life? maybe not but it"s a good thing to remain hopeful. We all deserve to love and to be loved.

--------------------
6 ft tall poz bear in Philadelphia

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #176260 - 02/21/06 11:19 AM

Sese.. You know you can always here that old cliche, there is someone out there for you.. I happen to beleive that even with HIV... I know I speak from a different angle because I have my husband and we are both positive. I found Will prior to our diagnosis 2 years later. Put yourself into the right atmosphere to find someone. Even if its like Poz.com to start and get your comfort zone.. HIV doesnt help much does it? But they will not come knocking at your door. Dont get down on yorself. I know how much we want to be loved and be with people who love us. You will find that perfect someone. In time...

Love

AIDS2HIV
Unregistered

Post deleted by Becky new
      #176278 - 02/21/06 12:07 PM

Brandy
Guru

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Oklahoma,USA
      #176295 - 02/21/06 01:27 PM

LOve is out there someone for everyone. and hon your soul mate is out there so is mine and one day when your not even looking loves going to reach out and take your breath away. never give up any of your dreams this illness makes us stronger and more understanding of the world but in no way does it stop us from having everything that the negs have good or bad hon, so dont worry "Love always finds a way"

--------------------
take care and be sooooo safe love,
Brandy

Live in the Moment!!!!

DanielMark
Expert

Reged: 06/06/04
Loc: Ottawa Canada
      #176470 - 02/22/06 03:51 AM

>I know its people out there that can easy accept the status but in my reality I haven't met any guy yet that accepts me being HIV + should I give up on love or wait it out? Just something that was on my mind this morning<

Anyone who would reject you based on your Poz status isn't worth your time and effort. I had a 10-year relationship with a Neg guy, and am currently seeing another (for over a year now).

I have no magic suggestions about meeting anyone, other than living your life, loving yourself, and keeping aware for possibilities as they present themselves. (And the DO present themselves - yes, even for we Poz folk!)

Love decides the one you find
and if it's meant to be
Love decides the reasons why
all this mystery
It's true ...
Some things love decides
Sometimes love decides for you

(from Love Decides - sung by Jane Olivor)

--------------------
Follow your honest heart

sesemoore

Reged: 02/16/06
      #176473 - 02/22/06 05:51 AM

Thnk you for the positive replies and it helped alot i am never giving up i decided to go on hiatus for a while. I

deeva

Reged: 02/22/06
      #176613 - 02/22/06 08:27 PM

IF YOU BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUS,THE TOOTH FAIRY OR THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION THEN YOU'RE GOOD TO GO...HOWEVER IF YOU'RE A MATURE MINORITY WOMAN DREAM ON!

still_here
Guardian

#176618 - 02/22/06 08:47 PM

fortunately, here we are all the same... we all believe, we all hope & we all survive. has nothing to do with being a minority or being a man or a woman. we all have HIV/AIDS.

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #176623 - 02/22/06 09:02 PM

I would have to say I agree with hellfire that if you put yourself in that kind of light, you will never succeed. I am not a women (usually) but I am gay living with HIV. I have found that someone.. So can you.. "If you don't love yourself, how can someone else love you?"

Depends how you want to set yourself up does it not?

still_here
Guardian

#176625 - 02/22/06 09:13 PM

I LOVE YOU, MAAAAN!

DanielMark
Expert

Reged: 06/06/04
Loc: Ottawa Canada
      #176692 - 02/23/06 06:08 AM

>"If you don't love yourself, how can someone else love you?" Depends how you want to set yourself up does it not?<

It does absolutely, Eric. Blaming not succeeding on outside sources, or keeping yourself in a failure state of mind does no one any good, and it's bad for your health too. It ain't rocket science.

--------------------
Follow your honest heart

still_here
Guardian

#176715 - 02/23/06 09:18 AM

uh oh eric.... did he metion rockets?! LOL!!

IzPoZ
Guardian

Reged: 01/24/05
Loc: FTL, Florida
      #176873 - 02/23/06 10:50 PM

Helfire,

That passage was read when I was getting married to my late husband. That was the first time I have ever heard it, and the most wonderful time too. My favorite passage.

--------------------
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6456

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3