Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Cocktail Face"
      #17213 - 04/05/01 07:50 PM

It is horrific to see so many gay men walking around with those "cocktail faces" They looked deformed and pretend that everything is OK. I can't help but to think that subconsciously they have made themselves unatractive to fullfill some sort of believe that they do not deserve love.
Years ago it was hard to see who was taking "the cocktail" now it is painfully obvious.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: "Cocktail Face" new
      #17215 - 04/06/01 10:10 AM

And your point is . . . ?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17216 - 04/06/01 10:16 AM

I'm so sorry if our 'looks' offend your sensitive nature . Should we cover our faces like the lepers of old, or shall we just curl up in a corner and die? Just let us know.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17223 - 04/06/01 04:27 PM

The so-called "cocktail face" is the body's way of saying look at what is going on within. This is major toxic and cellular reactions. Only queers would subject themselves to such a horrendous drug. At what point are we going to say NO MORE BULLSHIT! How much deformity are we willing to put up with? Of course people should not hide. But haeling is more than just popping pills.

Nony
Unregistered

#17227 - 04/06/01 04:57 PM

And I quote, "Only queers would subject themselves to such a horrendous drug" "how much deformity are we willing to put up with?"

So that's it. (Just love that word, Queers by the way! not) Yeah, it's pretty tough walking down the street being forced to look at deformed gay people pass you by, yet you don't want them to hide, what gives?

By the way, when you say, "how much more . . . are WE going to take," what society class do you put yourself (or WE) in? Gay, Straight, Bi-sexual, Transgendered, Men, Women, Children? And what are you having 'to take?' Obviously not HIV meds, so what does it matter to you what others choose to do with their bodies? Oh yeah, that's right, you have to look at them.

Your main point of concern is having to look at others fighting for their lives. Is this a guilt thing? You see others fighting for their lives and you feel guilty for being healthy? Or maybe you just hate gay people.

Healing is more than popping pills, it's exceptance and tolerance of everyone's beliefs and feelings around you. Heal yourself before you presume to heal others.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17233 - 04/06/01 09:14 PM

I think this person is "gay" so stop spouting the homophobia bit. Besides "straight" people are allowed to post here too.

Gus
Unregistered

#17357 - 04/13/01 01:29 AM

Hey Anonymous, so brave in your anonymity. You sound like a major prick!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#17391 - 04/16/01 02:45 AM

Re: "Cocktail Face" this is not a phenomona to just gays or straights but all that experience long term use of HAARTS. Lipodystrophy(abnormal distribution of fat) has left us with sunken cheeks,stick arms and legs, bellies and humps. We may look death like but recent studies show reasonable good health. The adonis days are gone before drug treatment but people were dying more frequently then. If apparance is a priority in your life. Plastic surgery techniques can give a repreave. Remember these toxic drugs have extended life for a disease once considered a killer within just a short time. You may look sick but you do not have to act sick. If you have forgotten your good looks review you photographs and smile and remember.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2710

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3