Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

this sucks!
      #171813 - 01/26/06 06:43 PM

i'm tired of living with hiv. there is no hope at all!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Brandy
Regular

Reged: 01/19/06
Loc: Oklahoma,USA
Re: this sucks! new
      #171816 - 01/26/06 06:58 PM

ahhhh honey there is always hope please dont give up. I know its hard sometimes. I've been living with this for what feels like for ever and I've had my bad days but KNOW THIS THE BAD DAYS DO PASS, and keep coming here its the best support group I've found. never lose hope sometimes its all we have.

--------------------
take care and be sooooo safe love,
Brandy

Live in the Moment!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#171817 - 01/26/06 07:04 PM

it hasnt gotten better in along time.

ExWorryWart
Regular

Reged: 12/21/05
      #171821 - 01/26/06 07:17 PM

hey are you following up with medications? What seems to be the issue? Are you feeling it is a loosing battle? Talking is the best way to start the road to happiness my friend....
Let us know how you feel.. vent it out!!!!
With warm regards
Andy

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

Brandy
Regular

#171823 - 01/26/06 07:21 PM

just take each day one day at a time try to have a positive out look ( no pun intended) if your really that down hon you might be in a depression and maybe need to see someone, theres nothing wrong with getting help. sometimes we all need to see a counselor to help us. other then that keep posting and reading. I get my daily smile from my lovely friends here, we're all in this together.

--------------------
Brandy

Live in the Moment!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#171826 - 01/26/06 07:55 PM

it's a losing battle! no arv's for me to pronlong the misery. i'm on nortriptyline for depression. its not been working for about 10 days now. i am in constant pain. i have a doctors appointment tomorrow but dont really see the use. i am tired of it and i havent even started meds besides androgel and the antidpressants.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#171882 - 01/27/06 12:43 AM

what kind of pain are you in?

Brandy
Regular

#171888 - 01/27/06 01:20 AM

meds for depression sometimes helps but from what I'm hearing, you need to talk to a counselor. talking through what your going through and founding out why your feeling the way you are. are very important to over coming depression. sometimes meds arent enough please get in to some kind of counseling. ask about it at your appointment. I hope things get better for you.

--------------------
Brandy

Live in the Moment!!!!

franfrog
Veteran

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #171920 - 01/27/06 07:48 AM

Counselers are god sent. I have so much support at home but without my councelor and this place of course, I would be in trouble. I know with all the support I have, the counsler knows more then my family and can support me in a whole different way. I love him. Try it you may feel it helps. It is worth a try, this to shall pass.

Broken_Angel1
Regular

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
      #171950 - 01/27/06 10:05 AM

You can either revel in the misery of the disease and its effects or you can try and focus on every good thing in your life and appreciate it. That is what will get you thru! I know it sucks "15 years and counting", I will not sugar coat that. But you have a choice...live (not exist) or die. It is a CHOICE as well to be happy or sad. Choose Happy! May the Angels carry you on their wings in the difficult moments. :o)

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

ny10001
Regular

Reged: 07/08/05
Loc: New York
      #171994 - 01/27/06 03:23 PM

Trust me when I tell you that you do not want an opportunistic infection as a result of AIDS. I discovered I had HIV a little over a year ago with a diagnosis of Toxoplasmosis and PML. I was beginning to lose control of the full right side of my body. It was hard to talk. I could barely walk. I was losing my vision, and I had constant, severe headaches. The opportunistic infections are not pretty, and they do not kill you quickly.

The ARV's have been a god send. I take two pills once daily, and my life is back to normal. My energy is better than it's been in years, and I look younger than I did 5 years ago.

It may seem bleak at times initially, but yes, it does indeed get better...A LOT better.

antibody

Reged: 01/28/06
Loc: san diego, california, usa
      #172146 - 01/28/06 05:46 PM

they are trying me on zoloft. pretty sure i'll be a zombie from here on...

antibody

Reged: 01/28/06
Loc: san diego, california, usa
      #172227 - 01/29/06 02:03 PM

it's day 3 of zoloft 50mg, i know it takes a month to go into effect. i'm also on 25mg of Nortriptyline for chronic pain for about 6 months now and was feeling pretty stable till about 13 days ago. i don't want to be depressed but i don't want to take anti-depressants either. my sex drive has been lack luster so to say since i've been on testosterone replacement. i've never really recovered to my previous libido and now it's sure to plunder further into no drive at all. i am really depressed and irratible all the time and it's not that i want to be a bitch. i want to be happy. it's i just don't feel good. i've heard all kinds of bad stuff about zoloft and scared to be taking it but don't feel much a choice. did i mention i'm depressed?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#173249 - 02/03/06 04:30 PM

pray....it helps a lot! vent out all your anger to God...express yourself, cry out to him to help eleviate the pain. we are all experincing pain in our lives. i have learnt that pain is fear and guilt unexpressed. what are you guilty about? is it sexual guilt? let go of all the guilt and fear and ACCEPT your status. the past doesnt have power over you, unless you give it that power. LET GO....LET GO AND START TO LIVE!
P.S.... Dont let your mind fool you!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5082

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3