Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can Joint Pain be the only symptom?
      #171099 - 01/23/06 09:11 PM

All, I was definaitly exposed via sex to someone of HIV+ status. Can Joint Pain be the only symptom someone experiences when affected for those of that do show symptoms or is there usually more than 1 symptom involved?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Blixer
Legend

Reged: 01/10/06
Loc: Missouri
Re: Can Joint Pain be the only symptom? new
      #171111 - 01/23/06 09:33 PM

As we have seen on here many times, the only way to know is to be tested. Symptoms basically mean absolutely nothing. Some individuals have multiple symptoms. Others have no noticeable symptoms at all. Again, the only way to know is to be tested. Then you can quit worrying.

--------------------
David
Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #171113 - 01/23/06 09:37 PM

Joint pain can certainly be part of hiv. It can also be an iron difficiency problem or a meriad of other things that I am not qualified to tell you.. I am about to go on meds and as for joint pain, I have some but I also work out and climb a fuck load of stairs everyday... So I dont know if its hiv or just my lifestyle.. Bummer! I attribute it to working out tho... Im in denial!! But I cant be I know I am pos.. So no help here!

Sorry for that... Im just fiesty tonight..

Anonymous
Unregistered

#171194 - 01/24/06 11:14 AM

To the original poster, I think you are asking if joint pain is the only symptom of ARS, right? ARS stands for Acute Retroviral Syndrome. A syndrome tends to comprise of multiple symptoms. It is acute -- meaning the symptoms come on at once, together (not weeks apart), & it lasts a short period - a week to 14 days. Those who are experiencing ARS almost aways have a fever in addition to flu like symptoms & generalized lymphnode swelling.

There are some people who have no ARS sypmtoms at all (or can't remember having them), but from what I know this is rare as your body is, after all,identifying a massive infection. If you are worried wait4 weeks and get a antibody test. It will be a good indicator of your status and, deppending on your risk your health care provider can advise you on whether re-testing is necessary.

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #171385 - 01/25/06 12:35 AM

Eric,,, You are a stitch..i cannot stop laughing from Your posts...some of them just brighten my ay soooo much...even when You are FIESTY!!!!!!!....Lmao...
Luv,
~Jessie~

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #171386 - 01/25/06 12:37 AM

Best advise:::::::: GET TESTED!!!!!!! You know Youw ere with a person who has HIV, so get Yourself tested and stop thinking about the pain in your joints and any other pains You may get because You are stressing...Maybe You have it and then again, maybe You dont....

GET TESTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Best of luck and please keep us posted on Your results....Peace!!!!

~Jessie~
HIV+ since 2-3-04
"While there is Breath, there is Hope.....Life".

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2557

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3