Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Menstration
      #168962 - 01/06/06 01:09 PM

Have any of the ladies on here ever missed their periods to do HIV infection. I am not pregnant and I fear I may be infected.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Menstration new
      #168990 - 01/06/06 07:05 PM

anyone???

franfrog
Legend

Reged: 01/05/06
Loc: NJ
      #168996 - 01/06/06 07:52 PM

I do not think one has anything to do with the other. As far as I could tell you, they have nothing in common. How late are you? Are you sure you are not preg? Do you have any health problems that you know of? How old are you?

Monchhichi
Guru

Reged: 02/07/05
Loc: Florida
      #169060 - 01/07/06 04:24 PM

The fear itself of possible infection may be what is causing your missed period. Stress can wreak havoc with your period. Get tested to reassure yourself. Once that is out of the way barring you have no other stressful factors in your life (which is usually not the case)you should be fine.There have been documented cases of women who were under enormous amounts of stress not having a period for up to a year or longer. There is even such a thing as a hysterical pregnancy. The woman actually does not have a period and in some cases have actually grown an enlarged belly like they were pregnant. Now this is definitely severe cases. I think you are just having some mild stress. I gave those examples so you can better understand just how powerful the mind can be. Good Luck!!!!

--------------------
Never forget: Life is too precious to take for granted.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#169073 - 01/07/06 06:39 PM

Please just get tested. I have read on sites for women and hiv that you can have menstration changes. I'm not trying to scare you, only give you the truth. If you look at the women and hiv ask the experts section, you will see that it does happen. I don't understand if these women who post here are pos or not, but it's beyond me why they cant just answer the question straight. I to am having problems with my period after a high risk exposure, and many other symptoms as well. Your periods just don't stop for no reason. It's not only hiv that can do this, so just try to stay calm don't freak out as it will only cause more symptoms and then you just get more confused. Good luck with your testing, let us in the window period know how your test turnes out.

Monchhichi
Guru

Reged: 02/07/05
Loc: Florida
      #169076 - 01/07/06 07:40 PM

" I don't understand if these women who post here are pos or not, but it's beyond me why they cant just answer the question straight." Well I think that I answered pretty well. I dont believe that she needs to be unduly frightened. I advised her to get tested. Plus as I stated stress CAN cause your periods to cease. HIV alone is not reason for a period to be missed. Yes it can be A reason but not THE reason.

--------------------
Never forget: Life is too precious to take for granted.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2128

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3