Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
NeverQuit2003

Reged: 11/28/05
What is love?
      #165561 - 11/28/05 10:47 PM

I think I'm sick in the head. I can't figure out what love is.

Maybe growing up in a dysfunctional family caused me some traumatic psychological injury that prevents me from knowing what love is or how to conceptualize and verbalize what it is. Maybe it's astrological? After all, I'm a Gemini - I just don't know....

My spouse knows what it is. I hear my friends talk about it and they seem to know what it is, but I can't get there from here.

I think I'm one of those people that demonstrates their love through action, proving their understanding of love by taking a shot for a loved one or jumping in front of a moving car to save another selflessly or never harming another intentionally. The kinda guy that would be thrilled if his family brought him an I.O.U. at Christmas time saying they promised to volunteer in a soup kitchen, woman's shelter, or hospice as their Christmas present.

It perplexes me because I've been loved by so many that I'm sure through my ignorance of love I take it for granted (probably on a daily basis). I probably seem like a smug Asshole to anyone who has never really had a true lasting love in their life (rightfully so I'm sure).

I think the HIV has also confused me. Sure there are the depressions, but there are also days when the sky is bluer and the grass is greener and you want to soak it all up like that last dollop of white gravy when you haven't eaten well for a couple of days.

What is love - anyway?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What is love? new
      #165780 - 11/30/05 09:17 PM

for me..

For me Love was when I told my partner I was positive and he hugged me and whispered in my ear - "We will get through this together and this changes nothing".

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: What is love? new
      #166180 - 12/05/05 12:45 PM

Never give up, God is watching over you sista, sista

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1535

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3