Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
AntLondon
Unregistered

HIV and Relationships
      #164839 - 11/21/05 12:00 PM

Dear all,

I am a gay man age 37 years old originalyy from Italy. I have been living in London for the past 13 years. I was diagnosed at the age of 24 so its been sometime that I have been living with the experience of being HIV positive. i have had 2 relationships since discovering my status and to my fortune my partners did not mind. However after sometime sex became an issue and the relationship fell apart. I have been questioning myself if is better to have a relationship with another man who is HIV positive also and of course the first things that pop into my mins is of course it will work better no doubt. Not to say that rekationship with another positive person will not have complications but I am sure it will take away some of the added aggravations that we all that experience living with HIV has. I have been looking through websites across the London area and discovered that most people are not prepared to disclose and the few that do are either taking lots of drugs and doing sexual practices that are to my judgment far too extreme. It seems to me that alot of people are on a self ditractive journey. AND I AM NOT. What surprise me most of all is that there are not any websites designed to meet HIV people in the UK/London area. After 20 years in the running it seems starnge that no one has thought of putting some sort af arena where people of the same HIV status can meet. I aslo address this to all the websites like AIDSMAP etc...
Or is it possible I have not found one. The only one I have found seems to have lots of guys from US prepared to put a photo of their face and happly disclose. In the London section few ads and no photo!!!
I understand people want to keep private information private and disclosed them only at opportune moments. But if we all stay in the dark no one will be able to meet anyone.

What do people think about this?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Veteran

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: HIV and Relationships new
      #164938 - 11/22/05 06:58 AM

hi

regards from india

Disclosure is a personal issue and depends on every person, whether he/she wishes to disclose or not. Absolutely without a question you can have a magnetic relationship or for that matter a relationship with a positive individual, perhaps something which you only can decide, however if you choose to have a magentic relationship, disclosure is of utmost importance.

I do understand your concern, however i believe you can find a perfect partner and hope you find it soon.

You may want to get in touch with local HIV/AIDS organizations/NGO's, i am sure they may lend a hand of help.

goodluck

stay well

take care

god bless you

love ravi

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV and Relationships new
      #165234 - 11/25/05 09:55 AM

I guess the Brits are more fearful of disclosing than the Americans! I bet in Italy it's even worse! Vero?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1538

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3