Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Exposure to blood....
      #159609 - 09/06/05 04:55 PM

I'm fairly knowledgeable about HIV as I'm positive myself.

But, recently, my boyfriend and I had sex and I am going through my period.

We always use condoms, but when he pulled out, naturally the condom was bloody and he got a little bit of blood on his unopened skin.

I reassured him he'd be okay....but please tell me that I'm not crazy and that was the right thing to say.

I don't think there's any chance of him being infected as it was at the base of his penis where he had contact with the blood.

Help...before I drive myself nuts!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: Exposure to blood.... new
      #159628 - 09/06/05 10:43 PM

dont drive yourself nuts. I have come across that many times in my marriage w/ my husband. sometimes when I get my period, I am not aware, or its the end of my period....(I hate to have sex "during" that time anyway). but of course he has to touch it to get it off. touching your blood is not dangerous for him. Are you on meds? (not that this particular situation would matter, but had the condom broken....it would concern you more, especially if you are not on medication)....

What if you were in an accident....no matter what, he would want to help you. You say it did not touch his penis, even if it had touched the base of his penis, he will be fine. please dont drive yourself crazy.....I have spent so many worried nights doing that for a broken condom, either while I was not on my meds, or just starting my period.

he will be fine. you were right to tell him that it is not an exposure.

take care, and relax....
debbie

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1258

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3