HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
TwinsDad
Regular

Reged: 07/13/05
Loc: USA
Children Infected
      #157886 - 07/29/05 01:02 AM

I have two children that have been infected with the virus, my wife and me are also infected. I was wondering if somebody has children on treatment. I am taking them to the doctor in Children Hospital in Texas. She is one of the best doctors to treat peadiatric hiv around the world. any suggestions are very welcome. I am so devastated, specially because it just happened 5 months ago. It was a trip that I did out of the US and got infected myself. I am very sad but my family is more important now and I will fight until the end for them.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
masslia
Unregistered

Re: Children Infected new
      #157887 - 07/29/05 01:34 AM

I don't have any advice as far as treatment, but just a few words of encouragement. Although you can't change mistakes that were made and damage that was done, the fact you own up to the errors and are willing to stand by/with your family and fight speaks wonders. Good luck and stay strong.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157901 - 07/29/05 09:46 AM

Your story is a little confusing. If you were just infected five months ago, how can your children be infected? They can only get infected through childbirth. Were they just born? If so, you would not know until they are 18 months or so, if they really are infected. If they are older, how can they be infected? Are you really sure?

TwinsDad
Regular

#158001 - 08/01/05 01:53 PM

Thank you for your comments. I really need them right now. It's so hard to see your plans for the future with a different vision. I feel so bad for my children and wife. I feel like I did something wrong and now I have to pay for it. I guess that the price is too high.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #158009 - 08/01/05 03:24 PM

Hi Twindad...
as I've said before my prayers are with you and your wife and kids. What I am curious about is like the other poster.. you have just been infected 5 months ago, and your children also tested positive. ? That is a bit confusing. My son is 13 yrs old, and I have been poz for 12 yrs. it is VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE to give it to our children by everyday casual contact. (and in that I mean, by kissing them or using the same silverware or toilets and such). Do you think it is possible that you may have been infected before you were married without knowing??

I wish you all well. I'm glad you all know so that you can do things to control it. I know when your kids get older it will be a struggle to make them take their medications, it might not be bad to have some family counseling if this issue arrises. I see alot of parents loose their children because the kids REFUSE to take their medciations. acting as though their parents dont understand.

love and prayers,
debbie

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158531 - 08/11/05 07:53 PM

Only one explanation here. You must be diddling your kids. How else did they become infected? This story is either made up, or we have one sick molestor on our hands. Which is it?

TwinsDad
Regular

#158963 - 08/21/05 11:50 PM

[quote]Only one explanation here. You must be diddling your kids. How else did they become infected? This story is either made up, or we have one sick molestor on our hands. Which is it? [/quote]
I feel really sad when people do not respect the pain of somebody that is trying to look for help. it is very depressing, like if we do not have a lot to suffer.

God bless you any ways.

behorsee

Reged: 07/22/05
      #166578 - 12/08/05 10:38 AM

My sons been on meds since he was 2 at that time it was easy the stuff was lquid I just added a little cherry syurp and squrted it in his mouth then by the time he was 4 they changed his meds to pills he refused to swallow them well I whould have to disslove them all 3 meds plus cherry suryp and fit it into a 15cc syringe and squrit it in his mounth I dont know how he standed it it was disgusting well finally by the age 10 he was ready to swallow the pills thank god and his health has always been good I really think god listens to our prayers so I will say many for you also check into these two camps camp Laurel and camp heartland they are camps for kids with HIV the are very helpful and if you are low income they are free .Brenda

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3338

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3