Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Peckinpah
Unregistered

Travel: Entry into US from Canada
      #156435 - 06/23/05 03:43 PM

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed positive just last weekend. After initial shock, now I'm trying my best to cope with reality. One important thing is: my parents live in the States (I'm in Canada). I'm a Canadian national. How possible is it for me to travel to the US?

Thank you very much!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Travel: Entry into US from Canada new
      #156454 - 06/24/05 02:46 AM

hi.for what i know before entering US ,u need to go to the us embassy to ur place and give u what kind of visa u will need to go there ,actually its easy for u to cross country becos ur from canada but before they will obtain u visa ,they wil ask u to get a medical exam for TB and HIV test.
im getting one also sooner becos im travelling to go to US. goodluck & ill pray 4u:)

Peckinpah
Unregistered

#156474 - 06/24/05 12:10 PM

Thank you for the response. But we may have different situations. Canadian nationals are not required to obtain a visa when entering the US (unless they are there to work, then they need working visa)

spiritzone2
Grand Master

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: PORTLAND ROCKS !!
      #156514 - 06/24/05 11:43 PM

It's very possible and frankly, we'd love to have ya. Come on down to America, son. You'll love it-- -I know i do. One question: Did you engage in risky behavior ? If so, why do you have any initial shock at your reality ? You're responsible for your actions, arn't you ? Anyhow, when you come down to the USA make sure you bring your camera, a great attitude, a bunch of condoms, and take lots of pictures. Send some of your friends & family back home some postcards. Enjoy your stay

--------------------
OUR FOCUS DETERMINES OUR REALITY.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156607 - 06/27/05 04:41 PM

Hi how are you. I may know some answers. I am dual citizen

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156677 - 06/29/05 02:10 PM

Since you have that excellent national health care in Canada, I can't imagine you would want to emigrate to the US where we have a health system that rivals Russia for its unfair distribution of care. So you shouldn't have a problem with coming in for a visit. Emigrating to the US could be a problem, but why would you want to do that?

ScotCharles

Peckinpah
Unregistered

#156714 - 06/30/05 06:59 PM

The fact is: my parents live the States and want me to live with them badly. They don't know I'm poistive (I knew it just three weeks ago). I'm 30, from Toronto.

Thanks the response from the friend who has dual citizenship. Indeed you probably could help answer some questions. My parents are very eager to get me a green card now (then they think I will be able to work in the States). They have no idea that the dream has probably already finished.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156862 - 07/05/05 10:07 PM

Entering the US with HIV is a totally dfferent issue from immigrating to the US (and most other countries) with HIV.

Specifically to get actually immigrate to the US and get a green card you will need a I-601 waiver. HIV is automatic grounds for inadmissability to immigrate the US (as well as most other countries) but the US has a waiver and if an applicant can satisfy the waiver immigration will be granted.

There are only a couple things required which are; the person must show he is aware of his illness and demonstrate he takes it seriously. The person does not pose a significant health risk to the general population, and the big one is the applicant can prove he will not become a public charge...which pretty much means he has to show he has some form of insurance he can pay for which covers his illness.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159794 - 09/09/05 08:44 PM

You can start a business in the Wellness Industry selling Via Viente. Then you can come in on business. www.myviaoffice.com/auroramt25

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2261

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3