Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
NW715

Reged: 05/08/05
CALLING ALL HIV-EDUCATED INDIVIDUALS
      #154390 - 05/26/05 03:28 PM

To all those who are truly educated on the topic of hiv:
I have called numerous infectious disease offices and not one nurse can answer my question! I have attempted to research the topic, but have come up with minimal answers.

Can someone please inform me on all the strains, clades, subtypes, families of hiv, even the rare ones like the m and o strains?

Also, which tests are used to test for the strains?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: CALLING ALL HIV-EDUCATED INDIVIDUALS new
      #154482 - 05/26/05 10:03 PM

Hey there NW, whats happening? I see that you are really reaching here huh??? These tests would be determined by a genotype or a phenotype, which you would ONLY be able to obtain once your viral load rises about 2000 copies (and we both already know, that yours is not). Even if you asked for these tests...not only would it be extremely costly (and perhaps to you...especially since there is no true reason to detect "which" strain you would have), but the lab would REFUSE to run the results if the viral load was too low.
So you couldn't ask to have that test, to try to determine some bizare strain of hiv that may be related to your issues.
Hope all is well my friend, and yes, I'm sure there are plenty of others like you who worry about this constantly, but once you ahve already gone thru all the steps that you have...then you are really loosing alot of energy on your life, and not being able to enjoy the true gift that you have. Go out and LIVE and enjoy!! but most importantly be safe, (but secure) as you are right now...NOT hiv positive.
Love and prayers to you,
Debbie

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1751

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3