Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
Unregistered

A Minute
      #151891 - 05/23/05 01:18 PM

Im doing a reserch paper and I cant seem to find how many people die of aids a day/ minute/seconds...can anyone help?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Monchhichi
Guru

Reged: 02/07/05
Loc: Florida
Re: A Minute new
      #151895 - 05/23/05 01:54 PM

Why dont you do the paper on how may people are LIVING every day...

--------------------
Never forget: Life is too precious to take for granted.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#151897 - 05/23/05 02:01 PM

In honesty... I want to make an impact on these people. They dont take HIV testing seriously. So Im starting my speech ( A persuasive speech on to get tested for HIV) on using a timer and let a minute.second pass then say " # people just contracted HIV..."

Anonymous
Unregistered

#151922 - 05/23/05 11:15 PM

I've not heard any statistics put this way. However, why not just go to the CDC website and get the latest yearly statistics (or World Health Organization for an international view), and do the math. It may not be perfectly accurate, but if you mention how you came up with your stats it should get your point across. Good luck

ScotCharles
Legend

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: Los Angeles
      #152494 - 05/24/05 05:40 PM

What a western bias you have. One third of Africa is infected, and thousands die every day. Thousands of children have become orphans because of AIDS. In China and Cuba, people with AIDS are isolated in prisons and decrepit hospitals, and both countries deny they have an AIDS problem.

I can't say those people have a chance to live the contented life you have. Be happy for what you have, but always remember that the rest of the world is not as lucky as you.

ScotCharles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#154200 - 05/26/05 07:22 AM

Who was that comment directed at ScotCharles? Was it at Monchichi? I am confused at your negativity.

sage

Reged: 04/15/05
      #154209 - 05/26/05 11:41 AM

I believe that it is 11 people a minute in the world get infected with the virus and I am not sure about how many die each minute. Contact your local AIDS organization and they should have the stats for you.
Hope this helps and keep on educating people out there.
Good luck

ScotCharles
Legend

#154410 - 05/26/05 04:20 PM

Why at Monchichi, of course.

I get annoyed with people who are like the three faced green people in the Toy Story movies. You know the sort of people who believe the world is just like the small slice of life they see everyday, and nothing bad could ever happen. Its easy to think only happy thoughts when you live in a coccoon.

I am not a depressive, and really have little patience with people who are; but, I know that most of us are very lucky, even if we have HIV/AIDS.

But the majority of the world is not as lucky as us and doesn't have the luxury of a therapy based on thinking happy thoughts.

Have a nice day,

ScotCharles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Monchhichi
Guru

#154477 - 05/26/05 06:22 PM

No disrespect meant ScotCharles, yet when you do not know somebody you should never judge them. I have not judged you nor would I ever. To an extent I live with the same problems that everyone on this site is living with. I just do not believe that negativity is the answer. I am not ignorant of what is happening around the world. I respect you if that is how you feel you should live your life. I just hope that some sunshine comes your way. I know that my sunshine has saved my husbands life at least 3 times, so it cant be all that bad now can it? Thank you for opening my eyes, I now know to be more cautious with my statements to people on this site.... I wouldnt want to bring them hope.

--------------------

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #154486 - 05/26/05 11:25 PM

Monchichi,

Please dont EVER stop bringing hope to this site.....HOPE is what most people that come on here are looking for...They are not always looking for answers to questions..sometimes just a kind word or a soothing story to read about someone else's life that may bring them some cheer....Please never change who you are....I have known you and your husbnad story for some time now and i constantly follow your posts..iI value your words, advise and compassion towards others...until the end of never my friend.....~Jessie~...*smile*

HIV+ since 2-3-04
"While there is breath, there is hope".

ScotCharles
Legend

#155721 - 06/01/05 03:22 PM

I don't mind if you "disrespect" or even hate me, but what I do mind is "have a nice day" answers to difficult questions. AIDS is a horrible disease that so long as it is confined to queers, or blacks, or drug users, or prostitutes is often ignored. It was only when it spread to the white, straight population, that people paid attention.

We people with AIDS have to assure that this disease stops in our time. I don't want another person to have to worry over a blood test simply because they made love to another person. I don't want another person to have to live for decades with the social stigma of AIDS.

Fighting back is what gives us courage, banding together is what gives us strength. People with AIDS are not victims to be pitied.

Monchichi, I respect that you have to live your life in a way that works for you, but please, please remember that there are a lot of us, myself included, who can remember other, darker days when people with AIDS in the US were left to die alone in their own shit in isolation wards. We made a promise to the dead that we would never stop until AIDS was eliminated from the world and all people were joined in brotherly love regardless of race, religion or who they loved.

ScotCharles

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Monchhichi
Guru

#155749 - 06/02/05 02:55 AM

Once again I believe that you are judging me without knowing me. I think you need to take a hard look at yourself and your predjudices. What exactly would make you think that I dont remember all the people that have been lost? Now you have offended me. YOU DO NOT KNOW ME! I am not saying forget about the dead. Yet they ARE gone (just to calm you down before you fire back on that one, I have lost many friends). MY GOAL IS TO FOCUS ON THE LIVING AND KEEP THEM ALIVE! Do you think I want to lose my husband? You know I have read your bio and I guess I am entitled to a little judging of my own since you have bestowed so much upon me...Maybe because you have lived with this longer than I have dealt with it makes you feel like you have a superiority over those that are "newbies" to this. I first off am not that young myself. Also if you made a promise "to the dead that we would never stop until AIDS was eliminated from the world and all people were joined in brotherly love regardless of race, religion or who they loved", then what exactly is wrong in your eyes with my attitude. I dedicate my life to helping others who are inflicted with this horrible virus. AND I PRAY DAILY I WILL SEE IT END BEFORE MY LIFETIME IS OVER BECAUSE UNLIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE I HAVE THE HOPE AND DETERMINATION TO BUST A** TO HELP IN ANY WAY! Once again you do not know me and this is not the first post you have bashed me on, so please refrain from acting like a child and start acting like the 50ish year old man you are. If you think that you would like to get to know me better and maybe change your frame of mind from your bigotry, private message me and I will give you my phone number or you can give me yours and we can hash this out on the phone. This forum is not the place to take your bigotry out on other people. Although after reading all your other posts it only seems to be me you have a personal issue with, so like I said private msg me and please let me know what I did to so offend you. AS I SAID WE ARE ALL DEALING WITH THE SAME THING ON THIS SITE! Once again HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

ScotCharles
Legend

#155755 - 06/02/05 10:09 AM

Goodnes!

So much anger to vent? Glad I could help out in that regard. Get mad and madder still, rage at god. It's good for you once in a while.

You are still missing my point which simply is that you should respect other people's efforts to stop this horrible pandemic. I believe tangible good works are more effective than acts of faith like prayer, but that is my opinion. You are entitled to yours, full stop.

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155767 - 06/02/05 03:30 PM

Oh my dear Lord, Scott take a look nobody is missing your point

ScotCharles
Legend

#155769 - 06/02/05 03:40 PM

I'm glad and, as I said, "full stop".

--------------------
Life is a river.
Carpe diem.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7094

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3