Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skin infections, abscesses, aaarrrghhhh!!!
      #141382 - 05/01/05 06:44 AM

HIV+ since 1990. No opportunistic infections, just annoying things like sinus problems, high cholesterol, more frequent flu bouts, headaches....but July 2004 I had surgery for a peri-rectal abscess (resistant staph bacteria). I was put on Vancomycin IV (high dose to begin with), when they increased it I had allergic reaction. Was put on Avelox but broke out in hives. Luckily, I had enough of the antibiotic(s) in my system the abcess healed fine. Well, since then I have had 2 abscesses (one under armpit, whole area swelled), a severe case of impetigo (dr indicated caused by staph or strep bacteria) between nose/lips (never had before) caused entire face and lips to swell. I know am battling an awful abcess on my forehead. Dr app't isn't for a few weeks, will ask him. Am I prone to "skin" infections now? Is it possible there was still some staph lurking in my body, or is that too off the wall? I don't know how to prevent if possible. I take vitamins, good hygiene, etc. Help!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Skin infections, abscesses, aaarrrghhhh!!! new
      #159799 - 09/09/05 08:55 PM

Wellness Revolution is here. Start with Via Viente. It's full of enzymes, vitamins and minerals. All natural too. www.myviaffice.com/auroramt25

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2046

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3