HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Ronnie
Regular

Reged: 01/10/05
Loc: Columbus, OH
Expiration Date
      #139464 - 03/31/05 11:50 AM

My milk has an expiration date, so does my soup, my medicines, and even me.

Sometimes, I don't think about it. Sometimes, it's the furthest thing from my mind. But, for some reason, today, while I was brushing my teeth - it entered my mind.

I'm on my way out.

Not anythime in the immediate future (God willing), but sometime, sooner than expected. When you're young like me (24) you don't think about your mortality until you have to. When I was diagnosed with HIV, I had to, and have to, and do.

The doctors have me on meds so that I won't think or get upset about it. The meds are bandaids for the real problem, and somedays are better than others. Just wonder if anyone else ever feels that way?

--------------------
Check out my blog.
www.phunkebeatz216.blogspot.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tscotty

Reged: 03/26/05
Re: Expiration Date new
      #139493 - 03/31/05 08:01 PM

Ronnie,
It seems as though Today was an overall bad day for just about everybody. Your feelings are correct and not uncommon. You are so young and now is a different time for those newer to HIV. You will most likely see this all the way through. Keep your body healthy, never miss your drugs (the HIV one's hon...) and please be strong for us guys over forty who have been at this awhile. We admire you young guys but also feel obliged to take you under our wings and let you know that we are here for you. I guess I have taken the feelings of being all alone and "perceived" isolation for granted for so long I forgot how consuming it can get. The best thing is to keep doing all that makes you happy, keep communicating and expressing, and dont forget to take your medicine!
Sincerely,
Tscotty

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139499 - 03/31/05 10:50 PM

Hey Ronnie...As Tscotty said...you are new to this...we all go through these feelings. After some time you will calm down....You are NOT alone! Everyone will expire..HIV+ or - ...trust me...YOU WILL NOT DIE FROM HIV!!!
Your blogs are great...keep it up...it's great for the mind!!

ang89
Regular

Reged: 12/24/04
Re: yes i have new
      #139656 - 04/04/05 08:16 PM

I have had many of those same thoughts, especially about comparing myself to expired milk left in the fridge. I know it is tough I am 30yrs old. I am on meds and feel like I would be dead if not for them. Hang in there though continue on with life work and don't let your emotions win. Have you seen a counsellor? I know it can seem rough if you need to talk message me ok cause I do understand where you are.
angela

Ronnie
Regular

Reged: 01/10/05
Loc: Columbus, OH
      #139833 - 04/09/05 10:15 PM

Thanks for all of your posts. I know that there are good days and bad. It helps to know that when the bad ones come, there are folks out there who are empathetic and understanding.

Thanks again everyone!
Ronnie

--------------------
Check out my blog.
www.phunkebeatz216.blogspot.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2410

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3