Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just received my results
      #135107 - 03/02/05 02:04 PM

I broke up with my fiancé in December 2004. on the 3 January my ex left me a message on my mobile phone that he was sorry he did not tell me that he was HIV positive. I dated the guy for seven months before I broke off the relationship. unfortunately we did not use protection all the time. I went for the HIV test and the results says "Reactive". The Nurses at the clinic did not explain properly to me but i saw the look on their faces that the results are positive. So it means i have only been infected for 8 months. Where do I go from here? Should I wait for 3 months to take another test on this is it?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Just received my results new
      #135109 - 03/02/05 02:26 PM

They shouldve given you a western blot confirmatory test. Which city are you in...you should go somewhere where they will provide proper counseling!

FactFinder

Reged: 11/11/04
Re: Just received my results new
      #139302 - 03/27/05 11:25 AM

The other respondent's advice is sound: get a second opinion and seek out counseling wherever it is available and at whatever cost. Your mental health is extremely important in your coming battle with the illness (if you are indeed HIV+). Bear in mind that the survival statistics for recently diagnosed patients are very compelling. I know you must be feeling shock and the whole range of human emotions. The shock will pass eventually, and the implacable force of life will pull you along and you'll find your ability to smile again, laugh and enjoy ordinary things. Your life will change, undoubtedly, but you'll gain perspective and be more aware of the passage of time. You'll probably find you waste less of it. By all means, I don't mean to imply life will be better, just different and more poignant. For later when you've found your groove, may I suggest two books: "Tuesdays with Morrie" and writings by Marcus Aurelius (sp?).

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1437

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3