Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Need the truth about hiv
      #134773 - 02/21/05 09:27 PM

Hello,

I have been trying to deal with a friend who has had hiv for the past year and half. But I feel I do not understand the truth about hiv. I just read the post about support for caregivers and how they get it. It really alarmed me, because I was told that because of the new medications that you can live a normal life with hiv. So why would there be such a need for support for caregivers and cargivers in general? I mean, if the hiv positive person has a normal healthy life? why would they need such care giving? Is it a lie? Will an hiv positive eventually be really sick? What is the truth? Will the hiv positive person be able to hold down a full time job until retirement and take care of raising kids? Please help!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
stefsorg
Unregistered

Re: Need the truth about hiv new
      #134789 - 02/22/05 11:29 AM

hello
From my experience with hiv, it's how you deal with it. If you ignore it, you will get sick. If you treat it well and the rest of your body you will stay healthy for a very long time, meaning decades maybe die of something else. It's really tough for medicle people to answer these questions because we are on the verge on bringing back the sick possibly again who have gained resistance with several new classes of drugs. So i just wanted to let you know their is hope but hiv is still no piece of cake.

RIVERLADY
All Star

Reged: 02/03/05
Re: Need the truth about hiv new
      #134880 - 02/24/05 12:10 PM

Hello there,
WOW, I feel your fustration and understand why you can be upset and confused.And If you got a few minutes I'd like to hopefully help you to see and understand some things about this illness and the Care Giving aspects.

Care Givers are in all health issues besides aidsActually I started that topicfor all CGs.But I'm also a person who's been living with HIV/AIDS for going on 15 yrs. I have been on meds for going on 12 years. Will I be having a CG? Absollutly! Thats my husband. Most imes its the spouse, but not always. Now will I need it because of the aids itself? Not directly. Look at it this way, After someones been sucessfully been treated for cancer , does that mean that person won't die of cancer ? Or will the chemo and radiation cause other life threating illnesses, can't say for sure.

Well the same goes for aids. Medications are constantly improving, many folks can't take certain meds, others just don't work for them.And this diseas & meds have their own complications, .

I know you were looking for a simple answer to your questions hon but there is no simple way to say it, never mind live it. Yet we can manage quite a life irregardless. And its in how we persieve lifes lumps.

I know I just gave you a whole bunch to ponder on . Did you find the answeres you were looking for? Hey looking for the answers to life is a never ending task. Then lives really change! but I won't go down that road at this time.

Life does change will this illness as well as any other. But life doesn't end there, on the contrary now is when it really begins.

And on that note hon I must leave. But I do hope to har from you either her or at the delphi chats,forums or even privately at flogeo@comcast.net.

Till we meet again you take care and try too go easy on yourself. Give all thats been said and I pray you'll find some from it.
Take care and feel free to gask. Knowledge is lifes power nad theres strength in numbers.......

river

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1538

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3