Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Help with Social Security!!!
      #133434 - 01/24/05 09:59 AM

Poz since 1990. No aids related illnesses,have genital herpes also which flare up if I'm under extreme stress. but I have severe insomnia, also have nasal allergies (can NOT work in a dusty office like I did for years!) which can cause chronic sinus problems. Also diagnosed approx 18 years ago with depression, and recently anxiety. SS has denied me twice. My doctors are looking at my "numbers", the fact that they are "good" (altho viral load has gone up quite a bit twice). SSI looks at their info plus that I'm on all these meds for my other problems, like they totally cure everything! I am on 3 (1 is a combo so actually 4) new drugs, they sometimes cause stomach pain, nausea, even vomiting. Last PI's caused cholestrol to soar, it is now in unhealthy range. I literally can not work!!!!! I also have fatigue, sometimes I sleep for 2 days straight. I get the flu alot, and coldsm (especially when in public very often). I had a peri=rectal abcess last summer requiring surgery and 2 wks vancomycin iv which they had to stop I developed sever allergic reaction. I now have 2 more skin abcesses on side which are extremely painful, going to dr tomorrow. I lasted 15 years on my job, until I had to cut to job share. Even then I was sick so much I eventually was told I needed to quit, and apply for disability. (I do have a letter from one doctor indicating my need to go into LWOP sometimes or miss extra work). It was a great but STRESSFUL job which was killing me! I dont know what to do. Will I be denied forever if dr's can't say I am disabled?
I do have people that will sign statements, etc. as to what they see on a day to day basis with me. Right now living on my retirement, but when that's gone I will have NOTHING, and will end up literally dead. Any ideas? Rec's? Thanks.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Help with Social Security!!! new
      #133481 - 01/24/05 09:18 PM

Wow. A lot of pain you've been through. Have you tried to become a client of a large AIDS organization? Their case managers really know how to work the system.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Help with Social Security!!! new
      #137544 - 03/11/05 12:09 AM

You need a good shrink, your depression along with being HIV+ needs to be addressed when you apply and have a good history with a good shrink will help you a lot. I understand the sleeping for days. I myself go through that a lot. The fatigue can be a cause of the depression or visa versia. The other person that responded is right if you are in an area with large AIDS orgs around they can help direct you to the dr.s phys, and mental, that are familar with SSD's requirements and paperwork. Good luck

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1298

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3