Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
L Ferber
Unregistered

HIV Plus Magazine writer needs interviewees...
      #132827 - 01/12/05 01:52 AM

I'm a writer for HIV Plus magazine and working on an article, for which I am looking for anecdotes from people with HIV/AIDS who have had experiences where information they got from the internet resulted in negative effects on their condition/treatment. For example, you read about stopping a medication and, without consulting your physician, stopped the medication and suffered negative effects. Or you read something misleading that led to complications. The gist of the article is how HIV and AIDS information on the internet can be both helfpul and harmful.

If you might have such a story/experience to share, please e-mail me ASAP at lawrencewferber@hotmail.com.

thank you!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV Plus Magazine writer needs interviewees... new
      #132920 - 01/13/05 07:27 PM

I did not get incorrect information from the internet or a magazine, etc, but did get misleading information and comments from my case worker at my local Aids Resource Center. He asked me about 4 months after my diagnosis if I understood that I had a very limited time to live, and that I was just going to continue to get sicker. He also expressed his shock that my wife and children did not have HIV. He asked me a number of times if I was sure they didn't have it, and told me I'd better make sure they got tested regularly. His outlook was bleak to say the least, and I ended up "going off the deep end" and trying to commit suicide. I also went into a deep depression and started drinking heavily (ending up with 2 DWI's) and just about ruining the already fragile state my marriage was in. I'm getting a little better now, but still have a lot of issues, and am in counseling with my wife. If you or anyone would like more info, or to talk, my e-mail is cjnsm@juno.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

#133344 - 01/21/05 12:54 PM

I also did not get incorrect information from the internet or a magazine, etc, but did get misleading information and comments from a case worker at my local Aids Resource Center. She told me that the only thing i could do for my husband is helping him to die. This was one yesr go. My husband is still alive, still very sick but improving bit by bit.
Those heslthworkers and doctors who have no idea schould stay away from the aids help line

Anonymous
Unregistered

#133759 - 01/29/05 02:02 AM

why arent u doing the article on people who use the internet
with positive results as well. Of course, just because it might have worked for me, it might not for someone else.
If you have it you should know that there comes a time when some of us seek information because we ask questions and get vauge answers, usually in the beginning you do what they tell you because it is usually your only choice if you knew nothing about the virus, so you trust they know what they are telling you. But if you are one who has a problem being treated and talked to like a child when you question something they say you should do, or put off procedures
they say must be done immediately and when you dont
jump because something just doesnt make sence, and they
get mad because you just wont do it, I have a problem with that.
I am a poet, not a writer, but maybe I should do my own
article for the other side.
I think you helped me find something I wanted to do but didnt know quite how.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139356 - 03/29/05 10:01 AM

he said he's looking for instances where info was both helpful and hurtful. if you think you're getting bad info from somewhere maybe it's because you don't listen or read instructions.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2225

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3