Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

CMV - I over came it last year but its back
      #132341 - 12/27/04 04:45 PM

I have aids and currently 43 tcells had CMV AND KS and was diagnoss with aids last december been pos17 years jan 21st.
I think the CMV is coming back my sight in my left eye is growing worse. Has anybody ever had CMV did you over come it. I Did last year from not being able to see at all out of my left eye to 25 feet after several shots in the eye. The Doctors can't explain my recovery and my KS is nearly gone. I need some good uplifting stories from all of you. Can't get back on new meds till next month.. I am anxious please advise.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: CMV - I over came it last year but its back new
      #132364 - 12/28/04 08:42 AM

I do have a pos friend that had CMV (and other vision problems), surgery and meds did improve his eyesight, it isn't normal but it did improve greatly. When my fiance had it
(and this was 13 years ago) his dr indicated the most important thing was to adhere to his IV antibiotic treatment, as with any antibiotic to completely finish all meds prescribed.
Good luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: CMV - I over came it last year but its back new
      #133398 - 01/23/05 02:16 PM

My husband was diagnosed last june, cd4 count 39, (now it is 114)he had an operation of grey star, cardiact in engl.one and half year ago. The doctors where wondering why his sight was not improving the way it should. Last september they checked his sight, he could only see 10% . His docter explained us that this is because of the medication ,his sight became worse, but it could not get worse than it is now, the infection has stopped and he will improve slowly , slowly.
, 2 weeks ago I shaw a butterfly and told my husband the butterflys are back and he said yes there is one. So he could see it. I am praying that his sight and all the other damages will improve when his imun system gets better. Dont give up I am sure you will get better.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1539

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3