Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

anyone ever fear or have anxiety over meds
      #128325 - 12/20/04 11:00 AM

I would like some feed back. I've been poz for 17 years comming this jan 21st. just diagnosedwith aids last december also cmv an ks . i started on meds and got quitea bit better will be starting new medsnext month hte others caused nuropothy really bad.

I have a phobia now for some reason about taking any medicattion i feel like im losing it or something. even a simple atibiot is beginning to get in the way.

Do any of you know about panic and anxiety disorders

This fear of taking meds cannot be good for me SOME ONE OUT THERE PLEASE RESPOND.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: anyone ever fear or have anxiety over meds new
      #128329 - 12/20/04 11:47 AM

I am not in fear of the meds because thats what is keeping me alive and healthy. I have neaurpathy, but I got that before on meds, and its livable. Have you talked to a counsellor in any support groups they may be able to help cause these meds are important. Good Luck I hope all goes better

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #128332 - 12/20/04 12:02 PM

I cant say that I know what you actually are going through BUT I can say that the fearfulness that you feel IS valid...I have a few friends that I speak to regularly from this site and they too are having some difficulties after many years of being on meds(different drug regemins)...Try really hard not to stress to much over it!!!! Sometimes that can make it even HARDER to deal with...Talk to your doctor...tell them of the fears you are experiencing and maybe your doc/counselor can come up with something that you CAN tolerate!!!!

I kniow what you must be going through and it must be sooooo difficult each day to take your meds BUT they are keeping you somewhat healthy and alive....each day you take your meds is another day of VICTORY!!!! Another day that you have WON...Another day for researchers to make the meds better and hopefully find a cure...Hang in there friend and remember that there ARE people who are going through the same thing ......it is a battle BUT yolu are winning...DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!! ***SOMEONE WHO CARES*** ~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04
"While there is breath, there is hope".
"HIV is what I have, not who I am".

Anonymous
Unregistered

#128338 - 12/20/04 12:59 PM

Thank you so much Jessie that was very helpful. I'm a very spiritual person it's just been tough lately with all that is going on i get very anxious. your responseis very welcomed and needed.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#128339 - 12/20/04 01:02 PM

thank you. I know a lot of it has to due with an anxiety disorder I have I am seeing acounseler will be ssing him tomorro and thursday just need to get pastthe phobia been living with hiv and aids 17 years as of jan 21st very thankful just tought at times

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
Re: YOU DONT HAVE TO THANK ME!!!!!! new
      #128708 - 12/21/04 10:57 AM

I am very glad to be able to help you in anyway that I can...I feel for you and I DO know what you are going through...Please feel free to post anytime and good luck with your Dr./counselor...I hope you are able to resolve some of your anxiety issues SOON........~Jessie~

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1601

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3