Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
stevetrip

Reged: 10/19/04
Loc: South Central Minnesota
Has anyone heard about a posible working vaccine?
      #126408 - 12/16/04 11:33 AM

I've seen a post on SaveADAP that says theresee "Rutger's may have stopped HIV" by Gary Karch. "The drugs called DAPY's mimic the virus by changing shape which enables it to interfere with the way HIV attacks the immune system. It sounds promising...<:-) Is this legitimate?? you can see the post at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/saveadap/message/2770
Of course you need to be a member of the yahoo group but after a free registration to the group you can read it for yourself

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
Re: Has anyone heard about a posible working vaccine? new
      #126410 - 12/16/04 11:48 AM

Hey Steve,

No, I have not yet heard of this new drug BUT I am going to e-mail my Doc right now and inquire about these facts that you presented...I am interested in what you wrote and would lke to know myself if such a thing has taken place....My Doc is also working in RESEARCH for a CUR for HIV/aids so he will know if there is such a drug around that is or has been developed and if any trial studies have been done on people(not just animals)....If I find out anything, I certainly will let you know...thanks for the post...YEAH!!!!! certainly would be a GREAT breakthrough huh? I know that they are getting closer each day...lets keep praying...Thanks Steve....~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04
"While there is breath, there is hope".
"HIV is what I have, not who I am".

Anonymous
Unregistered

#126413 - 12/16/04 12:21 PM

thanks for the quick reply and you sound as curious as i thanks for the follow up in advance

Anonymous
Unregistered

#126416 - 12/16/04 05:24 PM

It's just a study and NOTHING has been done in people yet! It's theoretical!

dave5082002
Unregistered

#126682 - 12/16/04 08:46 PM

Novel Vaccine Activates HIV Immunity, Slows AIDS Virus
Monday, November 29, 2004
By Daniel J. DeNoon

It worked in mice. It worked in monkeys. And now in humans, a therapeutic vaccine has stopped HIV in its tracks.

The vaccine is made from a patient's own dendritic cells (search) and HIV isolated from the patient's own blood. Dendritic cells are crucial to the immune response. They grab foreign bodies in the blood and present them to other immune cells to trigger powerful immune system responses to destroy the foreign invaders.

HIV infection normally turns these important immune system responses off. But animal studies show that when dendritic cells are "loaded" with whole, killed AIDS viruses, they can trigger effective immune responses that keep infected animals from dying of AIDS.

Wei Lu, Jean-Marie Andrieu, and colleagues at the University of Paris in France and Pernambuco Federal University in Recife, Brazil, tested the vaccine on 18 Brazilian patients. All had HIV infection for at least a year. Their T-cell counts — a crucial measure of AIDS progression — were dropping, meaning their disease was worsening. None was taking anti-HIV medications.

After getting three under-the-skin injections of the tailor-made vaccine, the amount of HIV in the patients' blood (called the viral load) dropped by 80 percent. After a year, eight of the 18 patients still had a 90 percent drop in HIV levels. All patients' T-cell counts stopped dropping.

stevetrip

#133944 - 02/03/05 12:04 AM

thanks for your diligence and your interest PLEASE do let me know what you find out!

stevetrip

#133945 - 02/03/05 12:07 AM

that is so informative how is the study progressing in humans, have you heard?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2966

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3