Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
chayankuyo
Unregistered

His there hope for cure .
      #112824 - 10/17/04 01:44 AM

I have aids my cdT4 is 50 and my viral road is 162000 am on my second month of meds. On august 9 this year i was tested positive i was shocked, i always feel like am the dead that moves. My question is do you guys have hope that cure will be found. At the moment am very okey i exercise alot and nothing is troubling me. Its like i have had it for a long time without knowing. When are the Meds going to fail to work and die. I have been thinking of taking a short cut than waiting to die, until i discovered theBody thats when i shun the idear.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: His there hope for cure . new
      #112834 - 10/17/04 10:57 AM

its better to hope than to die
in my country cameroon there is this doctor Victor Anomah Ngu who makes a vaccine from the bllod of the patient. the vaccine successfully reduces the viral load and increase the cd4. i sld knoe bc i go there. in my opinion its better to take a vaccine like this than the retrovirals wh have some side effects
whatever its good to be hopeful
good luck

Moffie
All Star

Reged: 02/14/04
Loc: Arizona
      #112839 - 10/17/04 01:35 PM

Jambo Chayankuyo;
Nobody can answer your question with much authority, as HIV has so very much to do with the availiblity of medications, diet, cleanliness, work habits, sleep habits, hygene, and soooo many other factors. I myself, have been very fortunate to be able to be successful with the medications and have lived with full AIDS since 1994. Most of the people I used to call friends are gone, but for some reason, I am still here. Probably to give people like you hope. I may never know. I have been very careful with the food and water that I put into my body, as this is the main way that deadly germs enter your body.

All I can say, is that there are many of us here who have been living with the virus for many years, and we are still going strong, but not as bystanders. Survival is a dialy challenge, and you have a deffinate impact on the amount of time that you have on earth, simply by being very careful with your body.

As far as a cure, I don't spend any time thinking about that, as I have no influence on that happening. I try to stay focused on the things in life that I am able to change and do that.

Thanks for letting me communicate, and there is always hope.

Peace, out.

--------------------
Yours;
Tim
"Living Positive Since '83"

Anonymous
Unregistered

#113007 - 10/23/04 03:18 AM

I will not lie, your numbers are not good. But with over 20 HIV meds available, there is bound to be a combo that will
get your counts up and keep you "stable". I have a friend who was told 7 years ago he had 6 months to live, t-cell count of 3!!! He is alive and on meds, numbers stable. I have been HIV+ for 14 years. My t-cell count was at 200 in 1996, viral load increasing (47,000) my health failing, AZT/DDI not working. Within 1 week the protease inhibitors were approved and on the market. Within one month I was on them, my t-cell count doubled and viral load undetectable. My t-cell count has gone up and down but never below 388, now back to 780 BEFORE put on new meds because developing resistance. So my logic is, if I had 7 years on those, the new meds are even better, I could have 10 or 20 years, as they are developing new drugs all the time. Even drs don't know. Although a few can't tolerate the drugs, most find a tolerable regimen. Don't give up! As the County Health Worker who told me I was positive told me, in 1992 before we knew what we know now, "there is alot of hope for you".

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #113090 - 10/25/04 10:31 AM

AHHHHHHH, I too share your thoughts from time to time about when and if they will ever find a cure...I think it is only a natural human response to think and feel that way when you are diagnosed with hiv/aids. I am HOPEFUL that a cure will be found BUT I dont spend my days thinking about it endlessly...There is soooo much beauty in this life and sooo many wonderful things for ALL of us to experience before our time comes...We all will die and not just because we have hiv but because that is the way it is...We are all born to die...Dont let the virus get you down or make you feel like you dont have a great chance at having a full and rewarding life...Enjoy every second of every day and spend as much time with loved ones as you can...Life is a precious gift...Hold it and embrass it, love people, friends and family....LOVE is the key to what life is really all about!!!! =) Took me a long time to slow down and learn to recognize the important things in my life....God bless and good luck...~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04
"While there is breath, there is hope".

lally

Reged: 11/09/04
      #114033 - 11/09/04 09:01 PM

I Totaly agree with you,life is so great and no one knows when they will die and from what people die in accidents when they are so healthy and the hiv person is still there for years and years i also felt like my life was over until i started reading about what people who are in my shoes say peole like you.Change what you can and what you cant accept~~lally~~

Anonymous
Unregistered

#138073 - 03/14/05 05:33 PM

Anonymous,

I have been thinking of going to see Dr. Ngu for his vaccine. Could you please provide more information: how long have you been taking it, what are your CD-4's and Viral load and is there anyone else you know of that is doing well with Vanhivax? I have read about some of his patients being cured or at least seroreverting to HIV negative. Is this true?

FG

Anonymous
Unregistered

#139252 - 03/25/05 03:45 PM

[quote]its better to hope than to die
in my country cameroon there is this doctor Victor Anomah Ngu who makes a vaccine from the bllod of the patient. the vaccine successfully reduces the viral load and increase the cd4. i sld knoe bc i go there. in my opinion its better to take a vaccine like this than the retrovirals wh have some side effects
whatever its good to be hopeful
good luck [/quote]

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2840

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3