Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

the other death viruses
      #111693 - 09/18/04 03:09 AM

Anyone have any info on the other death viruses? I happen to know from experience that there is a strain of retrovirus that causes lymphoma/leukemia and leads to a pretty horrible death, and it's going around NYC and Boston and there is neither a test nor a cure for it. The medical community refuses to acknowledge it exists, even though the deaths and evidence of transmission has been established. Pretty scary when you learn the way the medical establishment works. Keep wearing those condoms - believe me. You don't want this.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
Re: the other death viruses new
      #112097 - 09/30/04 10:33 PM

Why post something without a name or evidence? We live altered lives with the HIV AIDs virus, trying to adapt daily, and now you come on this board to try and stir up things....for what? So everyone can worry and be paranoid as you. We do not need this nor deserve your "anonymous" paranoia. If you have something so important...back it up...or back off and leave us in peace.

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

Anonymous
Unregistered

#112112 - 10/01/04 01:41 AM

I'm simply warning everyone of what I wish I was warned about. My message is: do not be convinced you're safe having sex with someone just because he is HIV negative. You must also look at his general health. Has he been losing weight lately. Does he suffer from lymphadenopathy. Does he have rashy skin. Many, many conditions are becoming linked with viral infections. Many of these viral infections are not commerically screened for. So the only way to remain safe is to make educated guesses. Of course make sure the man you're sleeping with is HIV negative, but also investigate a little bit. Make sure he has no existing symptoms - even an ongoing flu-like illness is deal-breaker. Even if he's ever had mono - it is very wise to avoid having sex with men who have had mono - because the viruses that cause mono are frequently "oncoviruses." That means they can also cause lymphoma/leukemia. Take Epstein Barr virus, or CMV, or Herpes 6, or HTLV-1, HTLV-2, Herpes 7 - the list goes on and on, and there are plenty of oncoviruses that we do not even know about yet that are circulating in the population, only to cause cancers later in the lives of those infected. When the doctors cannot detect the virus on commerical tests, they assume it was a "naturally occuring" cancer. Well evidence is suggesting more and more that many to most of these cancers are a result of a viral infection, and many of these infections take place during sex - particularly receptive sex (the person receiving the semen gets infected). Call me whatever you want. But read this:

http://cancer.ucsd.edu/Research/Programs/viral.asp

Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
      #112147 - 10/01/04 11:31 PM

WHAT do you wish you were warned about???? Look, it is a little ridiculous the extent of fear that engulfs you. What do you want us to become? Fearful of everything? Come on. Should we require a strip search and use a manifying glass to check out perspective interests?

Yes, there are a million different ailments out there and probably many more to come, as time passes by. And yes, everyone should be fairly cautious in today's day and age. But we cannot live in a bubble to protect ourselves...because in the meantime...you miss out on so much happiness and good possibilities.

....just something to ponder.

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

Anonymous
Unregistered

#112214 - 10/03/04 03:01 PM

Okay, a point well taken.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1921

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3