Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
eje
Unregistered

Who do i marry?
      #111302 - 09/05/04 11:58 AM

I am 27 yrs old single female and living with HIV..i look very healthy.I have never been married and my fear is dying sinle.I want to meet some one and experience love....I want a family.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
Re: Who do i marry? new
      #111330 - 09/06/04 01:27 PM

Hi eje,
I hope that you will not be mad at me for aying this but you can still experience love without being married and as far as having children you can still have a family as well. Having HIV does not stop you from moving forward with your life. I know how fearful you must feel and I as well as others do understand your pain and dilema. Just hang in there, love will find you and then you can decided if marriage and family is for you....wish you all the best...be well...~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04
"While there is breath, there is hope".

Scottishchris
Unregistered

#111332 - 09/06/04 04:55 PM

Hi, my name is Chris, i'm single, i'm 28 and have the same fears as you. Hope u get in touch

acceptance

Reged: 09/05/04
Loc: San Antonio, Texas, USA
      #111336 - 09/06/04 06:22 PM

Wow... me too.. I just found this forum, I'm new to it, I moved to San antonio from Miami, I'm a straight guy, and have been HIV for 15yrs... the thing that bothers me is the "thought" of being alone for the rest of my life too...so I'm staying in a relationship that isn't working..actually never has but I guess I'm fearful.
I'd love to share a bit with you.. I'm Bill

--------------------
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things...

Eje

Reged: 09/06/04
Loc: Africa
      #111351 - 09/07/04 02:25 AM

Thanks Jessie i feel so much better.No body here knows my status apart from my parents.its so nice having people to talk to about this desease

Eje

#111352 - 09/07/04 02:28 AM

Thank Chris.finding this site is the best thing that could have happened in a long time

Eje

#111353 - 09/07/04 02:31 AM

15 years? how have you coped?

Jessie
Guardian

#111425 - 09/08/04 10:40 PM

Anytime eje....I am here if you need to talk...You can send me a message if you would like....I see from your profile that you are from Africa? It must be beautiful there...I always wanted to go to Africa...One day I will. Remember not to give up HOPE....You have many friends here....it is a wonderful place to come and share your feelings with no judgement attached....Talk soon...Hang in there!!!!!!!! ~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04

acceptance

#111502 - 09/11/04 05:54 PM

Sorry it took so long to get back to you eje!
I cope by realizing that I can't change it, that I should have done things different, but again that is the past. I deal with it sometimes no problem for weeks, months, then sometimes just one day at a time.... But what helps me the most is when I trust that God is in control, even when I don't see things that show that He is, that is what faith is... the evidence of things not seen.. but I have experienced little miracles from time to time just believing... I am a miracle, --I'm not what I want to be, I'm not what I'm going to be, BUT thank God I'm NOT what I was!!!
How are you dealing?

--------------------
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things...

Jessie
Guardian

#111508 - 09/12/04 07:11 AM

BRAVO Acceptance...Beautifully put!!!!!!!! I like you style....I am the same...one day at a time...getting stronger each day...GREAT advise my friend...Glad you came around...Like reading your posts....~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04

Anonymous
Unregistered

#111543 - 09/14/04 04:37 AM

[quote]I am 27 yrs old single female and living with HIV..i look very healthy.I have never been married and my fear is dying sinle.I want to meet some one and experience love....I want a family. [/quote]

acceptance

#111558 - 09/14/04 09:04 PM

You are doing great ~Jesse~ for only being pos since 2-3-04...
I am learning to trust God and to accept the things I can not change. I have my times... but I need to be who I am until I'm something different! Hee..

--------------------

Jessie
Guardian

#111564 - 09/15/04 12:43 AM

Thanks ACCEPTANCE FOR YOUR SWEET REPLY TO ME. IT IS NICE TO KNOW THAT PEOPLE OUT THERE ARE LISTENING. iI TOO HAVE MY DAYS BUT THEY ARE NOT AS FREQUENT AND I AM LIVING MY LIFE. TO STRONG TO JUST GIVE UP...WONT DO THAT ANYWAY...GLAD TO HAVE YOU AROUND...DONT DISSAPEAR ON ME, HUH? HUGS MY FRIEND AND HANG TIGHT...THE ROOUGH PERIOD IS ALMOST OVER....LIFE IS LIVED AGAIN , JUST IN A MORE LOVING, BEAUTIFUL AND APPRECIATING WAY..IT IS A WONDERFUL GIFT!!!!!!!!! ~Jessie~

HIV+ since 2-3-04
**"While there is breath, there is hope".**

Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
      #111631 - 09/16/04 02:54 PM

You have a full life ahead of you. Just take it one day and one step at a time. If you try to look to far into the future you will only make yourself crazy.

You will find someone...usually happens when you aren't even looking. Just care and comfort and love yourself and GOD will take of the rest. And you can still have children as well, that can be born HIV negative when the time comes...talk to your doctor.

In the meantime, we are here for you. Your life is not over just altered a little.

HIV for 13 years...married almost 12

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

radar
Regular

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: Northern CA
      #112152 - 10/02/04 01:35 AM

Marry the person who loves you for who you are and the one that you truly love. I found the man of my dreams after 15 1/2 years of being positive. He happens to be negative. Our 1 year anniv. is coming up on 11-26. A word of advice, don't get married just because you're afraid of dying alone. Dying with someone when there's not true love is the same as dying alone.
HIV+ since 7-25-88
God bless
Regina

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5939

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3