HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
Whatever Happened to:
      #110795 - 08/25/04 12:33 PM

If this offends or bothers anyone...I apologize in advance. That is not what this is about...it comes from my heart. I will be away from the board for a while but will respond to anyone who has questions as soon as I can.

Whatever happened to? :

Compassion:

Care:

Understanding:

I often find myself asking…”Why are people so vicious, why are people so lacking of compassion, why don’t people smile anymore, why, why?

Have we become too busy? Too Driven? Too Materialistic? To not be what is the most integral part of who we are. The thing that sets us apart from all other beings and things on this earth.

Have we not seen what a lack of compassion…feeling can do and is doing?

I challenge anyone to name more than one person that they would literally give their life for…outside of their own family.

All we see is TV that slowly desensitizes us all to the pain of others thru humiliation, disgust, and demoralization.

Think about the past and how people were nicer and PEOPLE most of all were important…not matter what. And step into today and how people are experiencing road rage, how people tune in to TV just to see the bad (car accidents, cops, and reality show). Kids shooting kids, people smile less and less and “the customer is always right” is slowly losing its feasibility.

When you ask for respect, kindness and compassion…people act like you are out of your mind. For example: A doctor who treats you then disappears….but that is supposed to be totally “normal”. How is that “Normal”? You are the crazy one because you expect kindness with professionalism? And because you want to be treated as a HUMAN not a procedure.

It is really sad how easy it has become to detach and join in on negative circumstances…and becoming hard to demand respect, compassion, kindness, and love from others. I ask you which is better? Which would you prefer? If we do not take a look at what we are doing we will no longer have a choice….because negativity WILL keep thriving

Now fast forward to 20 years in the future. Not sure what you see? I see endless unfortunate possibilities. Such as going to any store, restaurant, etc and people being cold and indifferent. For Example…In a Fast Food Service Restaurant the service worker doesn’t smile…gives you attitude and acts like it is perfectly normal….and so do you. Emotionless (except for negativity) almost robot like. Or someone asking help only to get turned away because you are too busy, can’t be bothered, or having bad day because you have hardened you heart. But wait….see anything astonishing? It is already happening TODAY! THAT is truly scary. Think about what we have become.

Am I crazy…I don’t know. Is it crazy to wonder why we as humans are turning into stone?

Opening our eyes and ears and really paying attention to the people who surround us is the only way we can start to open our hearts and attempt to stop the vicious downward spiral.

I think we should all take a small lesson from the movie “Pay It Forward”. Doing one random act of kindness a week and asking only one thing in return….to pass on the same kindness within a week. The act of kindness could be any size or type…big or small…monetary…emotional…or physical help.

If you pass it on you can hopefully create a chain or trend that will eventually be an investment….an investment in the worlds future and ultimately in your child’s future.

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
Re: Whatever Happened to: new
      #110832 - 08/25/04 11:41 PM

Angel,
Thank you for bein so brave and posting such a wonderful letter for all to read. You wrote exactly everything that I feel and more. I hope that your words will reach out to people and help make this a better world for all of us to live in and enjoy....much love to you my angel friend.....~Jessie~

Anonymous
Unregistered

#111104 - 09/01/04 01:22 AM

Thanks you for reminding me that the best gift we give is... of ourselves!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#111629 - 09/16/04 02:36 PM

BRAVO!!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#112190 - 10/02/04 03:28 PM

I agree with you. Something must change. Change starts with an individual and grows. Being human is only a label until we truly show what sets us apart from animals. Kindness, compassion, and the ability to show geniune love.

radar
Regular

Reged: 09/26/04
Loc: Northern CA
      #112193 - 10/02/04 03:55 PM

Angel,
BRAVO! You are one of a kind and I like the way you say what you think and feel. I think people have lost the ability to truly love and it's a crying shame that we see it everywhere and everyday. Everyone is out just for themselves and no one else seems to matter. Something must change or we will no longer be what being human means. Hopefully the next generation will be smarter and right the wrongs and fill the world with love once more. We can at least hope.

Friend, how can I help you see?
May I give you my shoulders to stand on?
Now you can see farther than me.
Now you see for the both of us.
Won't you tell me what you see?

God bless and stay healthy. Much love.
Regina

Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
      #112194 - 10/02/04 04:17 PM

Thank you for your kindness. All it takes is one person at a time...hopefully we can start a new, bright epidemic!!!!

May the Angels embrace you in their wings and carry you thru the tough times. :o)

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

radar
Regular

#112198 - 10/02/04 05:21 PM

Angel,
Maybe we can start an epidemic of kindness that overshadows the AIDS epidemic. What a wonderful world this would be to live in! Here's a little something I read;
" Forget committees. New, noble, world-changing ideas always come from one person working alone."
That seems to be what we are doing, or at least trying to. I believe that kindness is something that should be expected and freely given by all. It's not something we should ever have to ask for, or go through life without it.

May we all have angel wings of our own when we get to where we are going. :o)

radar
Regular

#112292 - 10/05/04 04:11 AM

Make it a habit to do nice things for people who'll never find out.

radar
Regular

#112293 - 10/05/04 04:18 AM

Skip one meal a week and give what you would have spent to a street person.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#116094 - 11/24/04 02:33 PM

Compassion is greatly needed in epidemic portions.

AnonymousBA
Unregistered

#135049 - 02/28/05 07:04 PM

Giving of yourself and expecting nothing in return....is the biggest gift of all!!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#159811 - 09/09/05 10:06 PM

Thanks for your thoughts. They are moving. When we are down, there is only one way to go!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#170066 - 01/17/06 11:04 AM

Thanks...we all need to be reminded every once in a while...of our humanity.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5031

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3