Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Diane1
Unregistered

living with hiv in secretly
      #104373 - 07/30/04 08:20 PM

Hello my fellow hiv positive friends, my name is Diane and ive been hiv positive since 1995, actually that's when i got sick with pcp and ended up in the hospital, and learned i had aids, i was virtually stunned, i was in such denile!, i did not use needles and i wasnt a gay man so how could this happen to me?looking back i did realize i dated a guy who never used drugs in front of me but his brother told me he"had a problem with the needle", this is where i must have gotten it, the doctors said i probably contacted it aroung 1989/90 which sounds about right, im a pretty shy person and have never told my parents(they would never understand) have only told my significant other and my best friend, i started feeling better after reading people comments here and thought ide include mine, someone had wrote how the "cocktales " had saved they'relife i can relate because i was at death's door to and they saved my like, i am 44 years old and although i wake up with the usual aches and pains, im still happy to be alive, thanks for listening.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
wallace404

Reged: 07/28/04
Loc: Orlando
Re: living with hiv in secretly new
      #104391 - 07/30/04 11:54 PM

I am so glad you are alive and doing so well. Gosh, you are 44 and that is great. Nothing in life is guaranteed is it? I am 42 and have made it this far. I say this having friends in college and high school who never made it as far as I have for one reason or another (accidents, cancer etc). I think everyday is a gift and life is a wonderful journey. So, enjoy the journey, enjoy the moment and make sure you tell the peole you care about that you love them.

Jessie
Guardian

Reged: 06/15/04
      #104489 - 07/31/04 10:13 AM

Diane I am so glad that you are here to share your story with us. You are indeed a strong and wonderful person! Yes, the meds do save lives and although there are some side effects, they do help and keep us all going. My husband takes combivir and sustiva and alas he is doing well. His vl has become undetectable and cd4 is in the 300's so they do work!!!! I am glad you are here and plz stay with us and keep us posted on how you are doing. Much love to you..~Jessie~

brent4861
Regular

Reged: 10/18/01
Loc: Chicago, IL. ~ USA
      #106120 - 08/03/04 08:52 PM

Diane1 you have a choice to fight for SSI which is social security Insurance and live on what they give you (like me) or work and hope you do not get sick off and on which is what you might be like me.
I would suggest you get on SSI and find a free lawyer to get you hooked up to this system of Food stamps and pantry food for people with AIDS. We are actually luckier that people who didn't wait to get help before the Aids related conditions affected us like PCP or a number of ailments that officially make you a person with AIDS. the government doesn't give as much help to people who have taken the initialtive to get on medication before they come down with full blown aids so that is the catch they put on us. Either get help early and survive with out Government support or let your self succumb to a serious life threatonlng ailment like PCP (AIDS related pneumonia) that you could die from. Get a counselor which is freely available if you are in a major city or make an effort to move to one seriously cause your life depends on it.
By all means stay positive !
I have had many a friend that has come down with Just
HIV and not aids and have just given up and become resolute to just die and actually did so there you have it get started.

I know you can cause i did !

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2283

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3