Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
COWGIRL
Unregistered

Unnessarry Operations - Cash cow for doctors !
      #101937 - 07/20/04 06:25 PM

I would like to start by saying sorry for the spelling bloopers I made in my last posting, maybe I could of worded it a bit better, but you get the general idea. This stuff really happened to my daughterand myself and I still get pretty upset when I think about it.
What I would like to comment on today, is to warn women out there about this laser tubal ligation, how it works is the doctor using the skip banner method of navigation puts a small lighted tube equipped with a laser and camera into your navel, with or without your consent and burns off your plica on your fallopian tubes.
This operation can be dangerous because they have limited vision and control of this laser and it can burn holes in your stomack and other internal organs. There are lots of safer ways of birth control but the doctors are pushing surgery because it's a cash cow for them and if you have this type of laser surgery, you could possiblely have to have second and third surgeries down the road in the form of a hysterectomy to correct the damage done by the first operation. Just stop and consider, hysterectomies are the second most popular operation done in the United states today and Canada most likely isn"t far behind.This surgery can have bad and terrible side effects on a women's health, so women want to be careful when going in for other surgery, because this laser tubal ligation leaves no visible marks on the outside of your body, so it's hard to tell you have had this surgery done at all, unless when you wake up your womb is numb or you feel like you have been cut inside.
This operation is easy to cover up when a patient has went in for another operation and is being done without your consent because there are no laws to protect women for sterilization abuse.Since all the damage is done inside your body, you can"t see it and having a Ultra - sound done won't show if your plica on your fallopian tubes has been destroyed because this type of procedure won't pick up tissue that is that small. So in oder to detect the damage done, you'll have to havea doctor put dye into your female body parts and then have x-rays taken and the doctors won't want to do this. You might not think this is a big problem or issue but over 140 million women to date have been sterilized with or without their consent and this is a on going crime agaisnt women. I hope this information will help other women and they won"t have to suffer the way I did, So basically I'm saying beware of doctors wanting to do what might be unnessarry surgery on you. Just stop and think, you might be losing more than you bargained for, be careful of what you sign, lieing comes to them real easy. So protect yourself and choose safer birth control methods, because the doctors won"t be losing any nights sleep over your pain or suffering and they'll be laughing all the way to the bank if you have to have a HYSTERECTOMY.

Thank-you for your time, hope you find this information helpful !

COWGIRL

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1095

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3