Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Living With HIV

Pages: 1
Ali
Unregistered

NBC Universal Show wants to hear your story
      #101503 - 07/15/04 11:46 AM

My name is Ali and I am an Associate Producer for a new television show called "Home Delivery." The show will be airing this fall, and it is basically about helping people in dire need, and setting out to improve and change people's lives in major ways.

I guess Home Delivery could be best associated with the field segments on "Oprah," whereas we make over anything and everything needed to change someone's life--

We are looking for people who need something in their life fixed or altered, yet they are incapable of changing it themselves.

Please tell us your story.

Ali Rosenzweig
Associate Producer
Home Delivery
917-595-5333
ali@homedeliveryshow.com

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DaveyBoy
Regular

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Re: NBC Universal Show wants to hear your story new
      #106679 - 08/05/04 08:38 PM

You could start by showing how HIV+ need better meds, more options, more research and money towards the cure and much more! To focus on a particular individual with HIV would not be good enough as we all have differnet needs and the top major needs (I listed above) we all need!

Are you even interested in HIV positive people for the series, or just one episode? Or oops, you didn't know we are all HIV+ here?

--------------------
www.HIV-AIDS-CHAT.com
www.POZitiveLiving.com
www.HIVsearch.com
www.POZ.ca

Melissa Millican
Unregistered

#112595 - 10/10/04 08:20 PM

My mom and I have seen your show and we are shocked at the miracles that you have done in peoples lives. So I would like to share my story with you, although I would like to be on the giving side, unfortunately I come from a broken family.
My mom and dad seperated when I was young and it lead my mom into a not so fortunate life style. She started using drugs and I was put in foster care. Now my mom has recovered and I was finally returned to her. We still have much of the pain to live with. We are very broke right now and I don't think that my mom is going to be able to get me much for Christmas and I know that hurts her a lot inside. So can you please help our family! I am a 15 year old sophmore and am a very good student at Grants Pass high school, I do plan on going to college. All I want for Christmas is a black Dell computer. So that I can continue to do good in school. Thank you very much Home Delivery Show! I pray that I here from you soon. God bless you!

BRONXBETSYRIVERA
Unregistered

#113093 - 10/25/04 02:28 PM

HI MY NAME IS BETSY RIVERA HI I SEE YOUR SHOW I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME WILL I HAVE A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL SHE WAS RAPE WHEN SHE WAS 4 MY BABY IS UNHAPPY WE LIVE WITH A FRIEND I KNOW THAT SHE WISH I HAD AND APT BUT I CAN I NEED A JOB I HAVE 2 MORE GIRL I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME I LOVE MY GIRLS BUT I CAN DO IT SHE IS THE BEST I HAD SHE HELPS ME WITH HER SISTERS AND I SEE HER CRY BUT I KNOW THAT SHE LOVE ME SHE GO TO SCHOOL AND I DO NOT HAVE MONEY TO GET HER SOME CLOTH I GET 100 FROM WELFARE SO SHE TELL ME MOM GET MY SISTHERS CLOTH IM OK CAN U HELP ME? THANK YOU BETSY RIVERA

chinchillacb
Unregistered

Re: Comment new
      #113458 - 11/01/04 02:45 PM

I totally enjoy the program, Home Delivery......except for one thing! The repetition of certain comments over and over, is sooooooo annoying, I am tempted to turn the program off. One program....."15 year old girl weighing 300 pounds....." If I had heard that comment one more time, I would have screamed. WE GOT IT!!!!!!!! Your references once or twice should be enough. Tone it down, and I will become a loyal viewer. Thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered

#113586 - 11/02/04 01:18 AM

I would like to tell you about my parents .they have struggled hard all there lives ,they have gone thru so much losses just two years ago they lost there granddaughter to cancer she was twenty years old .they have go thru so much heart ach they are always helping us the best they can wene every we need them .they have been married 48 years and have never gone away I would love it if you could make this wish come true for them they struggle so hard in all are years they have been together they have never even been able to purshase a new car ,They have work so hard to provide for us there are eight of us we all would love to see there wishes come true so if you can please help us we love them very much please help

there names are Joe and Annette
they live in Edmonton Alberta home
nunmber is (780)968-0717

Anonymous
Unregistered

#114017 - 11/09/04 06:52 PM

Hi My name is Patricia I live in Rochester New York my story beings when I frist got married to my husband he was very absive .he kick out my teeth and hit me with steel rings he used to wear. I would give any thing to smile again people tell me you are a pretty girl and needs to smile more but I can't because I am ashamed of myself I don't like to look in the mirror because what I see was a prettygirl that used to stare and admire herself and love herself But now I see a women with no hope I can't get any dental Insurance because I don't have a job I am all alone My boyfriend has perfect teeth and he is now looking at other women's mouth and saying she has pretty teeth I would give any thing to be able to hold my head up and look into the mirror and say I'm back.
thanks for listening to my story PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#117722 - 11/26/04 02:47 PM

hello,my name is monique. i'm a home mom. i want home delivery to give my boy-friend that i have been with for 9 years going on 10 years on july 22nd 2005, a surprise make over please, no, we are not marry yet cuz we trying to find us a bigger place and time just hard. please help us. thank you.

Jean Holton
Unregistered

Re: Daughter's sweet 16 birthday 2/20/04 new
      #120060 - 12/06/04 03:52 PM

Hi my name is Jean Holton and i am a 41 year old mother & wife of an 18 yr old son and soon, to be, a 16 yr old daughter.

I am disabled due to heart problems and a pacemaker and this makes it impossible for me to work I had worked for 20yrs for the state of ohio and now my husband is the only one working.

My daughter and I were talking lastnight about her sweet 16th birthday and she told me what she would like. She said that she would like to have her bedroom remodeled into scobby doo (the cartoon character). she would like to have a girls full size bed and a new dresser. she said "mom that would be my dream for my 16th birthday that I could treasure forever is to have a girls bedroom set and have my room remodeled into scobby doo.

After everything that she told me i told her that that would be very hard because i don;t work anymore. all she wan/ts is a girls bedroom set with a scobby doo blanket, curtains, shams for the bed and have her room painted and wallpapered with new carpet.

My husband and i feel bad that we are unable to do this for her because she is doing well in school and wants to go to college when she graduates in 2007.

Would home delivery be able to make my daughters dreams come true. we live in a mobile home and she has the smallest bedroom in it and doesnt complain once.

If you could help you would not only make her dreams come true but ours also because we need to do some remodeling to our home and her room was one of them but cannot afford it.

My name is Jean Holton and I live in Columbus Ohio. My e-mail address is holtonj@columbus.rr.com

I hope that you read this and respond because I love both my children dearly and would do anything for them.

Thank You

Jean Holton

choochoo
Unregistered

my story new
      #126083 - 12/14/04 03:03 PM

I want to tell you a story about a superhero trapped in the body of a suffering man. Ben fisher is known by many names but most of us just call him ChooChoo (the little engine that thought he could). See ChooChoo has been everything but successful in his thirty-nine years. He has trained to be a paramedic, hospital corpsman, Martial arts instructor, sign language translator and has never had less than a 3.2 GPA, but he just can't find the faith in himself to finish anything. Instead ChooChoo just like a superhero walks around looking for people to save from anything. Like; the YMCA bus full of kids with no brakes he stopped by putting his truck in front of it and putting on his brakes, the boy who went off the back of a truck he stayed with him until the medics came in front of the Halloween store, the lady in Virginia in a restaurant who went into a seizure off the back of her stool, the 2yr old girl the dog bit the face off of that he helped and then bought some toys and clothes for to help her through Christmas, all this since June. I could go on for ever: The girl off the peer when he was 15, the boy off the roof when he was 17, the woman who overdosed That he gave a ride home if she gave him all her drugs which he took to the police anonymously. At least thirty stories over his 39 year life, not including the hundreds of people he has counseled, picked up off the side of the road, fed their kids, or paid their bills. Does he have superpowers you ask? He has his amazing story telling ability, his country songs are better than anyone I have ever heard, anyone, he is intellegent and feels compassion for life like no other, and his heart is three times normal size I'm convinced. He has the powerful ability to read people and find things they thought they hid inside their souls. He could motivate the lowest soul to stand and be heard. He invites, creates, and loves everyone. He gave a car to a man who had 4 kids and a pregnant wife because the man walked to work everyday. He gave his furniture to a woman who had none who's children slept on the floor, she needs it more than me he said. He is a superhero in my eyes, but like every superhero he has a secret, he is only human. ChooChoo does not have money, he owns nothing and needs the things he gives away he kills himself to provide these resources.
ChooChoo has lived a life of poverty and abuse so long that he doesn't see that his wealth is not monitory, He has a lot to give like love; But ChooChoo suffers because he is Bi-polar behaviors and his lack of sleep, racing thoughts, depression, and suicidial tendencies disguise his ability to offer the world the change it desperately needs. But, still he tries to save the world and raise his sons alone. His youngest suffers from Ash Berger’s syndrome and attends a special school, his oldest suffers from Bi-polar and is receiving attention at south community. ChooChoo attends at least 5 appointments a week for him and his boys. He won't even except credit for what he does he says he is who he is because of the people he meets and his mom who he says is the true super hero. And so He solves everybody’s problems in minutes using his superpowers. Here is my request of Home Delivery, ChooChoo has been hospitalized, jailed, teased and beaten because of his illness for 39 years, at the age of 15 his step father tied him to a tree naked and beat him purple because he took food to a neighboring cousin three miles away. he doesn't care about himself he thinks he is supposed to suffer. He is wrong! He has suffered enough. Please would you help him to either get the break he deserves even if it is just singing he songs, he loves to sing. If you can't do that then help him recieve the medicine that keeps him down to earth, clip his wings so those of us who love him don't have to watch him get old and loose his super powers with nothing to show for it. Make the little engine who could be the little engine who did.

Signed those who
See thru the Mask

HEIDI
Unregistered

Re: Laid off new
      #132419 - 12/30/04 11:36 AM

Hi my name is Heidi, I am a 32 year old unemployed/student, I Was going thru a lay off back in 2002, and also going to school Full-time for Medical Assistant, because of the lay off and working part-time as a Sales Associate. The whole time I had all these things going on in my life I was having lower back problems, I went to the Doctors' numerous times and everyone said the samething it was my weight, I agree to a certain extent. I've been over weight all my life, I've never let my weight hender me from ever keeping a Job. I ve always did my jobs with a smile on my face, with a happy go lucky attitude, 1 year I had 5 w2's for working, Living in San Diego, CA is not cheap so you really have to work. My last job that I had I worked for a check printing company, working 40 to 60 hours a week in over time, I loved my job, until i got to the place where it was fun longer, I was laid off do to down sizing, which was no problem, then I was just a full time Student, I tried to complete all the procedures and projects during school, but it was so difficult, the instructor would send me outside to catch my breath, because i would turn red in the face and start sweating profusely, I would still keep a smile on my face and I would not let the pain get to me. I finished the the class time, but was not able to go out on site to get the hands on, being it was to much on my back. Well my therpist took me off for a whole year. I had aid for awhile then that lapsed. Then I had friends and family helping my out with bills here and there for the last year. If it had not been for my God-Mother letting me stay in her house rent free for the last few months I honestly don't know what I would of done. It's been really hard I tried to excerise but I would get to Depressed to finish, it's hard to buy the right type of food if you don't have enough or no money coming in.You have friends and family giving you encouragement but sometimes it does not help. I always tell myself it's going to be okay because with God on myside all is possible. I went back to school starting in August, and went out on site for two days in October I remember because it was a couple of days before my birthday 10/31 and I had a Relapse in my back I had no feeling in my lower back my legs hurted with horrible pain I put them on pillows but nothing help not evening the pain pills that the Doctors prescribed, I had to go back to the therpist for emergency visit, and on time of that I was dropped from school. This year by itself has been hard I had no way of buying presents for all My Nieces and nephews, or decorating the house, I had no way of trying to cook a Christmas dinner I still have the Turkey in the freezer because my stove went out, My cars is in about running on it's last leg so there's my way to my Doctors, but for the most part I am happy. Thank you for taking the time out to read my e-mail. Heidi

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3181

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3