Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

please answer Acute Viral Syndrom question
      #99643 - 06/07/04 11:20 PM

ok, my reasonably high risk encounter (unprotected vaginal intercourse, and i'm male) happend i believe almost a year or longer ago. and actually the encounter that i believe was a higher risk happened almost 2 years ago (or more). now here's my question, just last week i came down with a sudden stomach ache, headache, and weird aches at various parts of my face and head. i also had a sore at the tip of my tongue (which i can't remember if i had hot food that day and burned it). i couldn't sleep that night and i was somewhat hot and sticky throughout the night (not drenched sweating). the next day it was almost all gone and the headache still persists slightly (almost non existent however) 2 weeks later. stomach is not 100% but pretty close. for the most part, i feel pretty perfect otherwise.

now my question is this. i know acute viral syndrom doesn't show up in everyone, but if it DOES show up, can it show up a year or longer later all in one day?? i read that it shows up 2-4 weeks after infection. if i an be reasonably sure that my potential infection was at least a year or more ago, can i rule out these syndroms as acute viral syndrom?

i know to get tested is the only way, but please bear with me and tell me what you think.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: please answer Acute Viral Syndrom question new
      #99645 - 06/07/04 11:29 PM

Ars is a reaction to a viral infection. HIV is a virus. Like most viruses it starts to replicate as soon as it enters the body. It depends on how your body handles replication. ARS is the bodies responce to the initial replication. Its attempt to counter act it. This would take place long before a year or two. Get tested but your current problem is not ARS.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 959

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3